Honeybaked 08 AAA (MI) 9-5-4 97.72 1.61 96.11

Top Gun (Elite) 08 AAA (NH) 24-8-5 97.60 1.38 96.22
Team Website Team Twitter
8 Minuteman Flames (Elite) 08 AAA (MA) 22-7-5 97.56 1.76 95.80

Boston Jr Eagles (Elite) 08 AAA (MA) 22-14-7 97.53 1.30 96.23
Team Website
Pittsburgh Vengeance 08 AAA (PA) 7-5-3 97.36 0.93 96.42

Athletic Performance Insight

Moj, you are a great guy but the claim is top 5 not top 10. You guys havea great team, no doubt about it. 

Just now, Moj said:
LA Jr Kings 08 AAA (CA) 19-2-2 99.99 3.30 96.69

2 Mid-Fairfield Jr Rangers 08 AAA (CT) 12-5-5 98.92 2.14 96.78
Team Website
3 Little Caesars 08 AAA (MI) 10-3-1 98.86 2.57 96.29
Team Website
Chicago Fury 08 AAA (IL) 20-2-2 98.24 3.46 94.78

Chicago Mission 08 AAA (IL) 9-4-1 98.17 1.43 96.74
Team Website
Honeybaked 08 AAA (MI) 9-5-4 97.72 1.61 96.11

Top Gun (Elite) 08 AAA (NH) 24-8-5 97.60 1.38 96.22
Team Website Team Twitter
8 Minuteman Flames (Elite) 08 AAA (MA) 22-7-5 97.56 1.76 95.80

Boston Jr Eagles (Elite) 08 AAA (MA) 22-14-7 97.53 1.30 96.23
Team Website
Pittsburgh Vengeance 08 AAA (PA) 7-5-3 97.36 0.93 96.42

Athletic Performance Insight

let me shed some light-------4 of the 5 losses came against mission who is ranked 5th ---no excuses but we played them without our 1st line center who is out for the season----we beat them earlier in the year 5-0(not listed)--the 4 games were not supposed to be listed but no big deal just stating facts

Fury ranked 4th---tied us 1-1 listed   our 2 wins vs. no loses not listed

honeybaked  ranked 6th    we went 2-1

Connecticut ranked 12th, 10 at the time we played beat them 5-0

Little Caesars ranked 3rd but in my estimation is the best team in the country we lost 3 tied 2 and won 1 all one goal games (last 2 we played we won and tied)-----also in 2 losses we had the lead late in the 3rd and blew it

Casers played LA ranked #1 two times and destroyed them in both

LA beat us 5-3 in the one game we played -----again we blew the lead in the 3rd

Played a combined team of mid fairfield, Gulls and Florida and went 1-2 all tight games

so the point is not all games were listed and I would say we are closer to 5 then outside the top 10

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

The Vengeance record vs top 10 teams as reported is 0-4-1, that doesn't make them a top 5 team. 

Since reading and comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit I will make this as simple of a question as possible for you. 

What makes a AAA team,  a AAA team if you consider the 16th ranked team in the USA a AA team???

I’m glad you brought up reading and comprehension, because you lack both.  The key to your latest thread is “as reported”.  You need to also consider “not reported”, but you refuse to read and comprehend what I’ve been saying all along.  Not sure how much clearer I can make it.  Good luck in your endeavor to ruin this message board.  

17 minutes ago, Saucey said:

I guess it's better to argue over how super your Pee Wee is v. the AAA squirt or mite. ?‍♂️

can only compare the kids at the time of their age, but we have been improving every year and by the end of the season we will have played Caesars 10 times. They are the standard at this level and call us to play every time there is an opportunity. I am not saying this will translate into any other level but it is pretty impressive when we play multiple sports and practice 2 times per week when most of these other teams are practicing twice as much

• 100 1

Just now, Moj said:

can only compare the kids at the time of their age, but we have been improving every year and by the end of the season we will have played Caesars 10 times. They are the standard at this level and call us to play every time there is an opportunity. I am not saying this will translate into any other level but it is pretty impressive when we play multiple sports and practice 2 times per week when most of these other teams are practicing twice as much

not sure why you jumped into the conversation but based on the facts I presented I would be willing to bet most of these kids have more athleticism in their pinky toes then you have in your family tree

8 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

I’m glad you brought up reading and comprehension, because you lack both.  The key to your latest thread is “as reported”.  You need to also consider “not reported”, but you refuse to read and comprehend what I’ve been saying all along.  Not sure how much clearer I can make it.  Good luck in your endeavor to ruin this message board.  

9 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

I'm guessing it is because I teach gym and not English

58 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

I have read everything you have written but you still can't answer a simple question asked to you MULTIPLE times. You just keep saying nah uh and covering your ears. The rankings go by what's reported if they want to be a top 5 team then stop talking about it and be about it. 

If we go by your statements then the Vengeance are not a AAA team because they played a AA team. 

This is really the slowest I can ask it but I will try just 1 more time for the slow kids in the back (you). 

What makes a AAA team, a AAA team? According to your standards the 16th ranked team in the USA is a AA team but they have played a full AAA schedule where the Vengeance haven't. 

6 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

I have read everything you have written but you still can't answer a simple question asked to you MULTIPLE times. You just keep saying nah uh and covering your ears. The rankings go by what's reported if they want to be a top 5 team then stop talking about it and be about it. 

If we go by your statements then the Vengeance are not a AAA team because they played a AA team. 

This is really the slowest I can ask it but I will try just 1 more time for the slow kids in the back (you). 

What makes a AAA team, a AAA team? According to your standards the 16th ranked team in the USA is a AA team but they have played a full AAA schedule where the Vengeance haven't. 

Bud, the V team played a Birmingham team that was ranked 64 or whatever your top-notch research uncovered.  This game was played because this team was added to a tournament in which another team dropped out.  As I said, this same V team is the only local team that has played most of its schedule, reported or not, vs top teams.  No other team in this area can say the same.  Just because a team has 3 A’s next to their name, doesn’t make it true.  

Your reference to genitals and now, what I assume are special ed students, only reveal how insecure and small minded you really are.  Tough-guy on the keyboard......

35 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

Bud, the V team played a Birmingham team that was ranked 64 or whatever your top-notch research uncovered.  This game was played because this team was added to a tournament in which another team dropped out.  As I said, this same V team is the only local team that has played most of its schedule, reported or not, vs top teams.  No other team in this area can say the same.  Just because a team has 3 A’s next to their name, doesn’t make it true.  

Your reference to genitals and now, what I assume are special ed students, only reveal how insecure and small minded you really are.  Tough-guy on the keyboard......

So what is a "top team" in your eyes? There are 1,319 teams in the 2008 rankings and according to you the 16th ranked team is a AA team. That 16th ranked teams rating is only 00.24 points behind this untouchable Vengeance team. 

The 5th ranked team is 00.81 higher than the Vengeance. 

8 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

So what is a "top team" in your eyes? There are 1,319 teams in the 2008 rankings and according to you the 16th ranked team is a AA team. That 16th ranked teams rating is only 00.24 points behind this untouchable Vengeance team. 

The 5th ranked team is 00.81 higher than the Vengeance. 

Never called anyone “untouchable”, you continue to draw your own conclusions.  You also continue to refuse to accept that the ratings you are so heavily reliant upon aren’t accurate.  Enjoy having this conversation with someone else.  Good day 

2 hours ago, Big Earn said:

Never called anyone “untouchable”, you continue to draw your own conclusions.  You also continue to refuse to accept that the ratings you are so heavily reliant upon aren’t accurate.  Enjoy having this conversation with someone else.  Good day 

So again you can't answer a simple question. Thank you. I draw my conclusions from FACTS you have merely said nah uh and covered your ears the whole time. 

• ROTF 1

I honestly don't understand who the hell cares about whether any particular team s top 10, top 5, #1. If you're top 25 you're probably the best team in the Pittsburgh region.

This conversation is nothing more than a bunch of alleged grownups bragging at each other. The Vengeance are obviously a very very good team. Hell, they could probably beat the Penguins.

Grow up, the lot of you. None of you are even ON the team yourself.

• Like 3
  • Fist Bump 1

8 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

So again you can't answer a simple question. Thank you. I draw my conclusions from FACTS you have merely said nah uh and covered your ears the whole time. 

Time to end this discussion.  I will try to state my point one last time.  Hopefully you can refrain from responding like a toddler.  

The rankings are skewed as a result of teams not including their full slate of games.  I assume you can see/agree here?  I know for fact that this vengeance team has games left off at the request of the opposing teams.  Unfortunately for this V team, some of those wins and close losses, were against the teams I’ve mentioned many times before.  Moj has also mentioned this, so maybe that will help this sink in.

Since PPE has come into this, even though you say your kid doesn’t play here, my point to their schedule is they play lower ranked teams, beat them soundly, which equates to a better rating, and ranking.  Unfortunately for PPE, they have not played anyone ranked higher than 15th all year.  They went 0-1-1 against that 15th ranked team.  

With that said, this is the point I’m trying to suggest, the V team has played a very different schedule from PPE, which suggests the difference of 0.24 rating between them is horribly skewed.  

30 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

Time to end this discussion.  I will try to state my point one last time.  Hopefully you can refrain from responding like a toddler.  

The rankings are skewed as a result of teams not including their full slate of games.  I assume you can see/agree here?  I know for fact that this vengeance team has games left off at the request of the opposing teams.  Unfortunately for this V team, some of those wins and close losses, were against the teams I’ve mentioned many times before.  Moj has also mentioned this, so maybe that will help this sink in.

Since PPE has come into this, even though you say your kid doesn’t play here, my point to their schedule is they play lower ranked teams, beat them soundly, which equates to a better rating, and ranking.  Unfortunately for PPE, they have not played anyone ranked higher than 15th all year.  They went 0-1-1 against that 15th ranked team.  

With that said, this is the point I’m trying to suggest, the V team has played a very different schedule from PPE, which suggests the difference of 0.24 rating between them is horribly skewed.  

FYI. Anyone can submit scores to My Hockey as long as there is a website to confirm scores. Comparing 08's to the former Pittsburgh Hornets program is asinine. 16u and above is all that matters,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dropthepuck said:

FYI. Anyone can submit scores to My Hockey as long as there is a website to confirm scores. Comparing 08's to the former Pittsburgh Hornets program is asinine. 16u and above is all that matters,

My threads have not once compared anyone to the Pitt Hornets.  That is a conversation to be had with another person on this site.  

1 hour ago, Big Earn said:

What makes a AAA team, a AAA team if you think the 16th ranked team is AA??? This is a very simple question that you beat around the bush with. Lifelongbender answered with the top 25 out of 1,319 teams is pretty good which is the top 2.0%. 

1 minute ago, Pucks11 said:

What makes a AAA team, a AAA team if you think the 16th ranked team is AA??? This is a very simple question that you beat around the bush with. Lifelongbender answered with the top 25 out of 1,319 teams is pretty good which is the top 2.0%. 

A 3A team is one that plays the top teams in the US and Canada.  Obviously Covid prevents Canada from being in the discussion.  The only team that has done that is the V team.  Which goes back to my point where you brought up the other local teams.  Surely you can agree??

I’m not beating around the bush, and frankly, don’t owe you anything, considering I don’t even know who I’m talking to.  

1 hour ago, Big Earn said:

A 3A team is one that plays the top teams in the US and Canada.  Obviously Covid prevents Canada from being in the discussion.  The only team that has done that is the V team.  Which goes back to my point where you brought up the other local teams.  Surely you can agree??

I’m not beating around the bush, and frankly, don’t owe you anything, considering I don’t even know who I’m talking to.  

What are top teams though? 2%, 5% maybe 10% of the over 1,300 listed. 

No one is doubting that the Vengeance are the best local team but you can only play the games offered to you and the PPE have done that and proven themselves the best they could just like the Vengeance. They are 6 spots away from each other but you don't consider them AAA.