Michigan

Because it gets lost in the Quinlan/Fauci world of sorrow, does anyone have friends or contacts in Michigan?  It looks like they can play regular games at the Midget/Bantam level (other levels too) with two spectators per athlete. Can anyone confirm?  I want to reach out and schedule some games. 

2 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Because it gets lost in the Quinlan/Fauci world of sorrow, does anyone have friends or contacts in Michigan?  It looks like they can play regular games at the Midget/Bantam level (other levels too) with two spectators per athlete. Can anyone confirm?  I want to reach out and schedule some games. 

Rules and restrictions are being drafted and released this weekend.  Games will be allowed starting next week.  Beyond that, there is a lot of speculation but nothing is 100% yet.

The folks I know are very confused at the moment, they are asking for more clarity. It sounds like it will be similar to pa with The limits. We all known how that is working out. Victory Honda & Belle Tire have purchased ice in northern Michigan (traverse), unfortunately for one family we are friends with, it’s a 3 hour drive to practice. 

7 hours ago, Danner27 said:

The folks I know are very confused at the moment, they are asking for more clarity. It sounds like it will be similar to pa with The limits. We all known how that is working out. Victory Honda & Belle Tire have purchased ice in northern Michigan (traverse), unfortunately for one family we are friends with, it’s a 3 hour drive to practice. 

Well if it's 3 hour drive for them and they are going to have weird restrictions sounds like a waste of time to try to schedule. I'll wait til clearer rules come out. Thanks to both of you. 

• Like 1

My oldest son spoke to a guy he played hockey with in college who lives in the Detroit area and who proves some coaching support at a MAHA program.   Info released today, lots of ambiguity.  He told my son that it appears that travel for tournaments, games, and scrimmages will be scrutinized, both for home and visiting teams

• Fist Bump 1

On 9/4/2020 at 7:53 PM, aaaahockey said:

2 guest per athlete.  No restriction on roster size.  Several other minor restrictions.

The most controversial is a mask mandate for all players, even while playing.  The rule comes from the governor’s order so is not likely to change anytime soon.  A bubble does not count.

55 minutes ago, gatorlb said:

2 guest per athlete.  No restriction on roster size.  Several other minor restrictions.

The most controversial is a mask mandate for all players, even while playing.  The rule comes from the governor’s order so is not likely to change anytime soon.  A bubble does not count.

As mask while playing ? I’m sure science would show that can’t be good for any athlete. 

25 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

As mask while playing ? I’m sure science would show that can’t be good for any athlete. 

Actually I just played with a mask on, aside from being annoying to drink on the bench, I was surprised that I didn't notice it all. Depends on what you wear.

For younger kids who you are always managing their equipment, masks would be an added extra pain for coaches to deal with. But older kids could handle it. And if that enabled them to play by the powers that be, I would be all for it.

35 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

I'm not going to claim to be a scientist, and i think there are situations where I can imagine (without any proof whatsover) that I agree with you, but I also run several miles most days of the week on a treadmill with a mask on and it honestly doesn't both me at all.  

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

I'm not going to claim to be a scientist, and i think there are situations where I can imagine (without any proof whatsover) that I agree with you, but I also run several miles most days of the week on a treadmill with a mask on and it honestly doesn't both me at all.  

I do 30 minutes on the treadmill daily, the mask doesn’t bother me at slow to moderate speed. If I try to up it all, forget it. I am breathing in to much carbon dioxide I guess. I get dizzy but I am 52, not 16