Montour Hockey

Kind of funny how Montour had the money for the Varsity, JV and Middle School teams to play in playoffs but when they attempt to sue they have to pull all of their teams because they don't have enough money.

Nothing like screwing over your other teams.  Obviously the board only cares about 1 team in that organization.

There would be no problem if Montour would just show PIHL the that the proper paperwork was filled out. The problem is they can't, because they never filed the proper paperwork.

Like Peter said, the playoffs will be over before there is even a date set to read this IF it even gets approved to be heard.

• Are you sure? 1
  • Poop 1

5 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Kind of funny how Montour had the money for the Varsity, JV and Middle School teams to play in playoffs but when they attempt to sue they have to pull all of their teams because they don't have enough money.

Nothing like screwing over your other teams.  Obviously the board only cares about 1 team in that organization.

There would be no problem if Montour would just show PIHL the that the proper paperwork was filled out. The problem is they can't, because they never filed the proper paperwork.

Like Peter said, the playoffs will be over before there is even a date set to read this IF it even gets approved to be heard.

Case dismissed at first glance from a judge.  “Hi egg, my name is face.  Nice to meet…”. SPLAT!

• 100 1

25 minutes ago, Flavio said:

These attorneys are very reputable. They aren’t taking this unless they have strong evidence against. Case could be expedited depending on other verbiage. This is going to get interesting for sure. 

I don’t know man. Evidence is probably going to be stipulated to when it’s all said and done. The only evidence really seems to be the goalie’s ‘story’ and PIHL eligibility paperwork/roster submitted by montour. Probably going to be more of a case on rules interpretation, due process, etc. Notice the claim for equitable relief- that’s not monetary damages.  Meaning they’re probably just wanted to get reinstated for playoffs. Because of equitable claim and risk of immediate harm, they can likely get a preliminary hearing soon, like next week. I can ask my paralegal to pull this Monday and give it a look, if anyone is interested

39 minutes ago, Jkersman01 said:

I don’t know man. Evidence is probably going to be stipulated to when it’s all said and done. The only evidence really seems to be the goalie’s ‘story’ and PIHL eligibility paperwork/roster submitted by montour. Probably going to be more of a case on rules interpretation, due process, etc. Notice the claim for equitable relief- that’s not monetary damages.  Meaning they’re probably just wanted to get reinstated for playoffs. Because of equitable claim and risk of immediate harm, they can likely get a preliminary hearing soon, like next week. I can ask my paralegal to pull this Monday and give it a look, if anyone is interested

How can you say what the evidence is? Do you know what they have. If they have documents from PIHL stating the goalie can play, look out.  We both know that group isn’t attaching their name to something this unorthodox if they don’t feel it has strong legs. They will get a prelim soon and theoretically it could be addressed in it’s entirety soon. 

Edited by Flavio

4 minutes ago, Flavio said:

How can you say what the evidence is? Do you know what they have. If they have documents from PIHL stating the goalie can play, look out.  We both know that group isn’t attaching their name to something this unorthodox if they don’t feel it has strong legs. They will get a prelim soon and theoretically it could be addressed soon. 

If they had the paperwork saying he could play then they would be in the playoffs right now. That's the problem with the meeting held last week at Ice Castle. Montour could NOT provide the proper paperwork saying the goalie could play. They have paperwork saying that he lives in the district and is not a transfer student, which is a lie and why everything is where it is.

• Are you sure? 1

24 minutes ago, Flavio said:

How can you say what the evidence is? Do you know what they have. If they have documents from PIHL stating the goalie can play, look out.  We both know that group isn’t attaching their name to something this unorthodox if they don’t feel it has strong legs. They will get a prelim soon and theoretically it could be addressed in its entirety soon. 

As you guessed I have no idea what they have. But like Pucks said, I made a rather fundamental assumption that if PIHL had paperwork that approved this player, we wouldn’t have gotten to where we are now, and that the hearings would have produced this and montour would be just fine.  If PIHL does have such paperwork, wow, this is an even bigger mess and Montour is entirely a victim. I put the odds of that rather low, though, based on getting to where we are now.

I don’t know that group personally, but have practiced law for a while. When representing a plaintiff in a civil suit, especially such as here were the fee is presumably either pro bono or hourly (so it’s not tied to percentages of damages), attorneys take cases for any number of reasons. I think it is unfair that just because what might very well be a reputable firm took this case, means there is a proverbial smoking gun. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PeterThePuck said:

Spill it what they have your a montour parent

Has it ever occurred to anyone here that people can discuss a topic without being directly involved. Just last week I was an Esmark parent who lived in Greensburg. 

Whatever the case, you sound scared. What’s your stake in this? 

Edited by Flavio
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PeterThePuck said:

Anybody can sue anyone comes down to what you want to spend.

Rules are Rules

Playoffs will be over before any of this sees a Judge

So you are the one who started this thread and now you come up with this paperwork.  I'm trying to figure out your angle and where you are getting your info.  1st I thought you were an Avonworth parent or fan.  Now I'm scratching my head trying to figure where you would get that info. PIHL? Montour parent?  Very confusing!

• Like 1

Peter has some insightful things to say. Especially about the ppe and AAA. Speaking of which, they must be loving this  Montour epic. Quite the convenient distraction from the turmoil going on there currently. They’re probably funding Butz & Smith! 

- Coach Flavi

Edited by Flavio