09 vengeance?

19 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

Didn’t they have supplementals last night? Are you saying they may not have an 09 team?

Doesn’t appear that they selected anyone from the supplemental.  I wonder what their next move is?  

Edited by YardSale
Spelling

3 minutes ago, bender05 said:

Wait to see who gets cut by preds and vengeance probably 

did they announce teams?

Looks like SHAHA cut 3 and the rest made the team based on their website.  Preds, I don’t know.  Vengeance ends tonight.

23 minutes ago, YardSale said:

Looks like SHAHA cut 3 and the rest made the team based on their website.  Preds, I don’t know.  Vengeance ends tonight.

SHAHA last night of tryouts tonight.  No team picked. Preds was last night. Don't think they post them publicly.  

49 minutes ago, YardSale said:

The three listed bibs are those who are clearly not in the mix for their AAA team so they don't want them to take ice time and crowd the bench tonight for the final tryout when they need to get a good look at some kids.

Edited by RJUSHL

1 minute ago, RJUSHL said:

The three listed bibs are those who are clearly not in the mix for their AAA team so they don't want them to take ice time and crowd the bench tonight for the final tryout when they need to get a good look at some kids.

Too many tryouts at the same time, I lost track of who ended when.

• Like 1

If you're a parent that loves standing around in the lobby for an hour waiting for your kid to come out of the locker room then you're going to LOVE the basketball court and ping pong table! 

• Haha 2
  • ROTF 2

30 minutes ago, Hky05 said:

Yeah they folded 

So esmark no longer plans to have an 09 team? That is awful for kids they offered positions to, who they promised a team to play on, who may be now scrambling to find a team. This is the crappy part of youth hockey that needs to be addressed. #MoneyGrabGoneWrong

Edited by ice is cold
  • 100 3

7 hours ago, ice is cold said:

So esmark no longer plans to have an 09 team? That is awful for kids they offered positions to, who they promised a team to play on, who may be now scrambling to find a team. This is the crappy part of youth hockey that needs to be addressed. #MoneyGrabGoneWrong

I know players are scrambling, but has Esmark officially given up?

Not the first time they did this.   They folded a 15U team of 06's a few years back after tryouts.  I'd sure like to hear their rationale for folding a team.  

Aren't they supposed to be the good coaches who can coach kids up? Or maybe they couldn't get enough European players to backfill the roster!  I guess they have an image to maintain.

12 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Not the first time they did this.   They folded a 15U team of 06's a few years back after tryouts.  I'd sure like to hear their rationale for folding a team.  

Aren't they supposed to be the good coaches who can coach kids up? Or maybe they couldn't get enough European players to backfill the roster!  I guess they have an image to maintain.

they folded a 2004 team years ago too 

apparently the coach of esmark already is planning to coach a team somewhere else

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I know at times it seems like every player in the area wants to play AAA hockey. But you have about 6 programs attempting to field 09AAA teams around here so eventually you run out willing participants. (Kids, Suckers, parents with money etc)

So what is esmark supposed to do? Just keep holding tryouts until they fill the team with whoever shows up? Then you end up with a team with 3 AAA players, 3 AA players, 5 A players, and 4 deck hockey kids that are just learning to skate. Scotty Bowman and Badger Bob couldn't "coach up" a team like that!

From the talk on this board most 09s in the area ran back and forth to 2 or 3 different tryouts. They all had supplemental tryouts. If you didn't end up on a team by the time the carousel stopped then you probably shouldn't blame the organizations, seems more like a "you problem"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zam said:

I know at times it seems like every player in the area wants to play AAA hockey. But you have about 6 programs attempting to field 09AAA teams around here so eventually you run out willing participants. (Kids, Suckers, parents with money etc)

So what is esmark supposed to do? Just keep holding tryouts until they fill the team with whoever shows up? Then you end up with a team with 3 AAA players, 3 AA players, 5 A players, and 4 deck hockey kids that are just learning to skate. Scotty Bowman and Badger Bob couldn't "coach up" a team like that!

From the talk on this board most 09s in the area ran back and forth to 2 or 3 different tryouts. They all had supplemental tryouts. If you didn't end up on a team by the time the carousel stopped then you probably shouldn't blame the organizations, seems more like a "you problem"

It's been talked about a lot this past year on this forum, but Esmark is continuing to fade. They are inexplicably losing out to SHAHA and Preds. That should never be the case. Black Bear can't be happy about this.

This time next year we are going to see a new Tier 1 program in Pittsburgh owned and controlled by Black Bear. Just like all the other obvious moves by Black Bear that people on this forum have been predicting for the past year (that have all come true), Black Bear starting a Tier 1 program is just too obvious. They are leaving too much money on the table without it. The second sheet at Printscape is setting the stage for this.

Good or bad, I don't know. But I don't see any way that this won't happen.

Edited by RJUSHL
  • 100 3

3 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

It's been talked about a lot this past year on this forum, but Esmark is continuing to fade. They are inexplicably losing out to SHAHA and Preds. That should never be the case. Black Bear can't be happy about this.

This time next year we are going to see a new Tier 1 program in Pittsburgh owned and controlled by Black Bear. Just like all the other obvious moves by Black Bear that people on this forum have been predicting for the past year (that have all come true), Black Bear starting a Tier 1 program is just too obvious. They are leaving too much money on the table without it. The second sheet at Printscape is setting the stage for this.

Good or bad, I don't know. But I don't see any way that this won't happen.

The planets aligned for SHAHA,  they had a half dozen really good 06s and had success playing together for several years. SHAHA tried to parlay that into an entire AAA organization. Now those kids are gone. And now they are not even having a 16 or 18u team.  I'm sure their 14 and 15 teams will have alright seasons but will still only be vying for a participation trophy at the midam championships.

The Preds, as far as I know, have never won anything at tier 1 or tier 2 at any age except maybe a couple nutcracker championships. They would love to get their hands on a Mid am participation trophy! Their 15,16, and 18U "AAA" teams were each in the LAST place of MidAm tier 1 teams.

Esmark will be good at 16 and 18U. That's always been their niche.  I think the rumors of Esmark's death at the hands of Shaha and Preds has been greatly exaggerated. We can reconvene in March and find out.

4 minutes ago, zam said:

I think the rumors of Esmark's death at the hands of Shaha and Preds has been greatly exaggerated. We can reconvene in March and find out.

You’re right about Esmark at some older ages, but if Esmark does scrape together an 09 team (and they may not) it’s going to be 90% cuts from other teams. There are going to be not just one, but multiple AA teams that are better. It’ll be a disaster waiting to happen. 

1 minute ago, RJUSHL said:

You’re right about Esmark at some older ages, but if Esmark does scrape together an 09 team (and they may not) it’s going to be 90% cuts from other teams. There are going to be not just one, but multiple AA teams that are better. It’ll be a disaster waiting to happen. 

I can’t imagine making the choice to pay the higher price tag on a team everyone knows will be worse than AA counterparts and traveling all over the place every weekend getting your but kicked just to say you play AAA.