3 hours ago, BACKCHECKING said:

I apologize. I didn’t know they beat Indiana and Esmark during the regular season. No doubt in my mind if they had played 20min periods they would have definitely beaten the Pens.

YARN | No doubt in my mind. | Napoleon Dynamite (2004) | Video gifs by  quotes | 997bd189 | 紗

Just Because you have a yellow helmet doesn’t mean you're the Pens.

I didn’t say anything about beating the pens. 

Just because you play for the Pens elite doesn’t mean you are the going anywhere. Lots of Pens Elite players that never played more than ACHA. Others that haven’t played for Pens elite have gone on to higher levels. There is more than one path to higher levels. 

• Like 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:37 AM, Happy Hockey Fan said:

If? They made it and played well enough to prove they should have been there. So quit your crying. They beat both Indiana and Esmark during the regular season. And they beat the Vengeance in the tournament. 

Also beat Ohio bluejackets during the regular season as well. 

There is a lot of negativity on this thread as everyone tries to justify their decisions, both financially and developmentally. There will never be a consensus. It’s what works for your family and ultimately what you want out of the sport. Making it to the show is not a reality for most, but in reading this thread, there is one particular person with hatred for all. I’d be really curious what their goals are (no pun intended). AAA hockey offers way more than jockeying for a National Championship, but that is obviously a perk of playing for the Pens. And yes, if you pay that money, then there is an expectation of top skill development, wins and a chance at a national title. I haven’t researched the past, but would assume the pens are the team that has the best chance to compete at that level. I have researched the cost of other top organizations nationally including prep schools and the pens is a steal in comparison. It’s truly absurd what others cost. 

But what is often overlooked is what is behind the scenes. Putting the players aside, the skill and professionalism of dads that livestream games is incredible. I was interested in the banter from the pens and esmark arguments earlier so I watched those games. The pens out shot them like 200-25. Probably a slight exaggeration but not far off. The shot attempts almost doubled that number in pens favor. There were a couple questionable Esmark injuries that resulted in penalties and a misconduct only to have the injured players return in 5 minutes. That’s their gamesmanship I guess.  Game was not as close as the score. But kudos to the pens broadcasting team. A truly entertaining experience.  That alone is worth the cost of the program. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:49 AM, Pucks11 said:

3rd shift, naw independent. No baseball, to slow but you really seem to be stuck on that. Now it's time to travel with all the money I saved. Spring break is coming and then summer woooo.

Pucks! You on spring break?  Fargo, ND by chance? It’s sunny and cold up here at USA hockey national championships.  Pens took it to Mt. St. Charles this morning.  Its like $55k to wear the MSC bucket and they are going home.  

2 hours ago, Salsemotionalfriend said:

Pucks! You on spring break?  Fargo, ND by chance? It’s sunny and cold up here at USA hockey national championships.  Pens took it to Mt. St. Charles this morning.  Its like $55k to wear the MSC bucket and they are going home.  

Spoke with a few parents out there today after the game. I will always cheer for a Pittsburgh team to win. Definitely some good teams out there and some imposters also. Enjoy and good luck!

U16 SCIR is 2-0 going into today's game.

U18 Armstrong lost a tough one this morning in OT and is eliminated.  Allegheny is 1-1 and plays later today.

PPE U16 team has been eliminated while U14 and U15 are still in the hunt.