Jump to content

What do you think hockey in the Burgh would be like without PPE?


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

The variant. The variant. Wear a mask forever. Wear 3 masks. Life will never be normal. I am Fauci. Heed my words. This is my 15 months of fame.

Give me a break Fafa. The guy's a fraud and I just hope he isn't permitted to f these kids over again next year with this BS variant nonsense.

If you think it's okay if he does, you're entitled to that opinion in a free country.

And here we go........making up bullshit to try to make a point.  You have just referenced Fauci saying "wear a mask forever" and referenced wearing "three masks".....he never said any of those things now did he?  Don't mix up opinions with facts.  The COVID variant has now appeared in over 80 countries, but by your logic Fauci made it up.  LOL.

And this being his "fifteen months of fame?"  Dude - he has served under six Presidents.  

Sorry folks, the derailment of a once interesting hockey topic is now officially off the tracks.  Thanks @dazedandconfused - nice effort.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fafa fohi said:

And this being his "fifteen months of fame?"  Dude - he has served under six Presidents.  

And no one ever heard of him until last March. And yes he has said multiple masks and masks for the foreseeable future despite the science to the contrary. I made an innocuous statement about him not f'ing it up for the KIDS this coming year and you decided to go off on a tangent. I'll leave it at that and you can have the final word as you always feel is required.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

And no one ever heard of him until last March. And yes he has said multiple masks and masks for the foreseeable future despite the science to the contrary. I made an innocuous statement about him not f'ing it up for the KIDS this coming year and you decided to go off on a tangent. I'll leave it at that and you can have the final word as you always feel is required.

I went off on a tangent?  I quoted you, genius.  

  • Like 1
  • ROTF 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well now.... I started this one and went to Florida for a while.... Nice to see we discussed it without pissing in each others skates til now.... Not gonna get into the fauci covid deal cuz I need a new roll of tin foil.

 

Couple things to add to the real discussion:

1- Don't paint all parent coaches with the same brush. Many played into college and coached for a while before having a kid. I will say that there is a motivation for many of us parent coaches, that HAVE played, to try to shield our kids from those coaches that are absolute fusterclucks and have no idea how to teach skating, skills, or how to actually play the game. Something that I've noticed is that many of the better players ARE CONSISTENTLY the ones that had a parent that played and usually coached them for the first 12 or so years of their life.... or if not formally coaching,  spent a significant amount of time passing on the tricks of the trade to their kids (and had kids that would pay attention to what dad was teaching).

2- As you go from PAHL B level up through AA you transition from kids that just want to play hockey to kids that have the discipline and want to learn how to be a hockey player. The former does not posses the drive and work ethic needed for the AA and AAA levels and are normally quite happy on A minor teams. The problem is that we do not have enough kids that will put the effort in to reach their potential. Some of them have enough raw skills to make A Major teams where you have a mix of kids with varied potential and work ethic, or worse they have enough raw talent to get picked for a AA team where they proceed to either put out a half-assed effort in practice which hampers the development of the kids that do have the spin to win attitude and mess up the flow of drills simply by not skating 100% or worse intentionally mess up because - well practice sucks and they just wanna play games. They have no intention or clue about being a team player. My kid started as Mite B and ultimately plateaued as one of those bubble players with tier 1 legs and hockey sense but tier 2 hand and went on to D3 college. No matter the team level I heard complaints every year about (lazy) players that didn't put the effort into practices and those players consistently showed as lack of discipline, effort, (or skill) during the games.

 

I now return you to your biomedical debate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 2:35 PM, fafa fohi said:

And here we go........making up bullshit to try to make a point.  You have just referenced Fauci saying "wear a mask forever" and referenced wearing "three masks".....he never said any of those things now did he?  Don't mix up opinions with facts.  The COVID variant has now appeared in over 80 countries, but by your logic Fauci made it up.  LOL.

And this being his "fifteen months of fame?"  Dude - he has served under six Presidents.  

Sorry folks, the derailment of a once interesting hockey topic is now officially off the tracks.  Thanks @dazedandconfused - nice effort.

Fafa, I'm starting to look a lot like a modern day Nostradamus aren't I?

And as far his 15 months of fame, yes has served under 6 Presidents and not one average person knew of him until he helped fund the creation of this virus.

He is doing so much damage to the children in this country it's disgusting and the full impact won't even be realized for years if not decades.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Fafa, I'm starting to look a lot like a modern day Nostradamus aren't I?

And as far his 15 months of fame, yes has served under 6 Presidents and not one average person knew of him until he helped fund the creation of this virus.

He is doing so much damage to the children in this country it's disgusting and the full impact won't even be realized for years if not decades.

 

Wearing a mask is doing damage to our children?  Wow, talk about raising a bunch of ❄️ ❄️’s.  

The reality is nobody had heard about Fauci before because he actually worked with prior administrations that had a brain between their ears and handled it differently than the former guy, re: SARS, H1/N1.  None of those Presidents were dumb enough to say it would disappear “like a miracle - by April” like President Dumbass did.

As for you being some sort of Nostradamus tell that to the 99% of the people that being admitted to hospitals and / or dying are non-vaxed people.  Facts suck sometimes, but they remain facts so I know you tried to make a point but yet again, you swung, missed and whiffed AGAIN.

I’m still laughing at your “damage to the children” comment.  If your kid is damaged due to wearing a piece of cloth on his / her face, I suggest a different sport from hockey, say chess?  There’s too many snowflakes in the world and a few less in youth hockey will serve the sport better.

Hey, maybe you can sign your “damaged” kid up for an upcoming battle royale on chess.com!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Fafa, I'm starting to look a lot like a modern day Nostradamus aren't I?

And as far his 15 months of fame, yes has served under 6 Presidents and not one average person knew of him until he helped fund the creation of this virus.

He is doing so much damage to the children in this country it's disgusting and the full impact won't even be realized for years if not decades.

 

Give up on Fahi.  He's convinced you either agree with him or you are part of the Capitol invasion.  No middle ground as evidenced by his meltdown on both this thread and against me calling out wasteful spending.  If he wants to focus on mask wearing (in and of itself extremely damaging especially among younger children) and not even discuss the impact of school closures then no one can help him.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dazedandconfused said:

Highly educated (in his own mind) on the left coast in case it wasn't obvious enough. Probably Pepperdine or Loyola Marymount.

The last time I looked this was a hockey thread, yet you two clowns @aaaahockey @dazedandconfusedthink this is the Laura Ingraham Q- power hour.  Are the chess tours coming soon?  If so make sure you two idiots register your kids and let everyone know that your kids will not wear a mask, and that’s your way to own the libs.  

Hey @aaaahockey maybe your snowflake kid that has his life ruined by a piece of fabric on his face should  quit hockey and pursue the ballet?   Not that there’s anything wrong with it, then again this is a hockey thread so maybe you should migrate to a ballet thread with your dumbass takes.  What about the theatre?
 

You clowns smoking cigarettes and bong loads in the school parking lot  probably contributed to that sub 3.0 GPA and a “no” from the big schools. Don’t blame me, snowflakes.  

Me? I am standing on the sidelines laughing at you two  dumbasses.  “Stop the steal?”  Have you called the pillow guy or Lin Wood for advice?  Still laughing.  

Now back to hockey. 

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@dazedandconfused @aaaahockey @fafa fohi

Guys I understand at this point in the pandemic it’s almost impossible to avoid, but let’s please try to keep this thread and this entire forum to just hockey related topics. If you really feel the need to discuss political matters or COVID related stuff with each other, you’re more than welcome to do so via private messages. Let’s also chill on the name calling and language. There’s no need for that crap. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2021 at 7:18 PM, GrumpyOldPucker said:

Well now.... I started this one and went to Florida for a while.... Nice to see we discussed it without pissing in each others skates til now.... Not gonna get into the fauci covid deal cuz I need a new roll of tin foil.

 

Couple things to add to the real discussion:

1- Don't paint all parent coaches with the same brush. Many played into college and coached for a while before having a kid. I will say that there is a motivation for many of us parent coaches, that HAVE played, to try to shield our kids from those coaches that are absolute fusterclucks and have no idea how to teach skating, skills, or how to actually play the game. Something that I've noticed is that many of the better players ARE CONSISTENTLY the ones that had a parent that played and usually coached them for the first 12 or so years of their life.... or if not formally coaching,  spent a significant amount of time passing on the tricks of the trade to their kids (and had kids that would pay attention to what dad was teaching).

2- As you go from PAHL B level up through AA you transition from kids that just want to play hockey to kids that have the discipline and want to learn how to be a hockey player. The former does not posses the drive and work ethic needed for the AA and AAA levels and are normally quite happy on A minor teams. The problem is that we do not have enough kids that will put the effort in to reach their potential. Some of them have enough raw skills to make A Major teams where you have a mix of kids with varied potential and work ethic, or worse they have enough raw talent to get picked for a AA team where they proceed to either put out a half-assed effort in practice which hampers the development of the kids that do have the spin to win attitude and mess up the flow of drills simply by not skating 100% or worse intentionally mess up because - well practice sucks and they just wanna play games. They have no intention or clue about being a team player. My kid started as Mite B and ultimately plateaued as one of those bubble players with tier 1 legs and hockey sense but tier 2 hand and went on to D3 college. No matter the team level I heard complaints every year about (lazy) players that didn't put the effort into practices and those players consistently showed as lack of discipline, effort, (or skill) during the games.

 

I now return you to your biomedical debate.

I agree completely. My son is playing his last year. He’s a good player. Had opportunities when he was younger but didn’t want to completely commit in his mid teens. He wanted to live a life. He works hard to be good. Off ice. Skating. Spring etc. We started in a small org that completely met the lower floor discussion. He also plays baseball and I’ve coached that for years. 
The difference for us has always been commitment level. Do you do at least some off-season. I’ve had baseball kids put their gloves and bats down at the end of the season and not touch them for six months. That’s okay if you are playing rec sports. It’s not okay that you have expectations of playing over others when you get older. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...