Allegheny Badgers 2022-23

How does a team that finished second at Nationals go to not even having a tryout?

That seems rather odd.

I could understand dropping a few players but can’t imagine that they could not draw players for a team that did so well.

1 hour ago, stickboy said:

Maybe everyone is coming back and they are happy with the team?

It is a tad pompous if that is their strategy.  I know of no other organization in AA or AAA that cancelled tryouts after NOT winning a national championship.  Last time I looked national champion SCIR 05's were holding both open skates and tryouts.

Teams that win the Super Bowl, World Series or Stanley Cup are ALWAYS looking to upgrade.

On 4/4/2022 at 12:05 PM, rock said:

if they were smart, they would all stick together and continue playing AA pahl and independent AAA teams like the 05 renegades did, chase another tier 2 national championship.. otherwise they will get lost in AAA hockey and never get the chance to experience another national championship run.

but parent egos will get in the way as usual.. 

egos, all probably searching for that extra A that leads to no where.. like i said before.. 

my guess is no on signed up for tryouts thinking they had no chance, coach didnt recruit like he did the last 4 years..

• Like 1

Any word on how the Allegheny Badgers tryouts went for the Independent 16U teams? Did they have a lot of kids tryouts or were they set on the kids from last years PAHL teams?  16UAA tryouts start tonight!  I would assume there is no guarantee that they will be AA as most kids they would get would be from A Major Black team!