4 minutes ago, hockey07 said:

So has the raise in cost scared anyone from Icemen going aaa for 09? 

How has their turnout been?

Vengeance still is advertising tryouts for 2009 tonight on facebook?

What is the cost difference? 

2 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Any truth to the rumor that U18 AAA Vengeance has less than 20 skaters registered for tryouts?

And if 09 folded what is going on over there? 

I heard this about the u18 too but can't verify. 

1 hour ago, YardSale said:

Bigger question is what does that include?  It is hard to compare apples to apples on a lot of the posted prices 

Paid coaches, skills/goalie training, dryland, 12-15 summer practices, 2-3 weekly practices in season, 50-55 game schedule, 4-6 showcases, HUDL video, nicer locker room for Frozen Pond, THF schedule, feeling of superiority over Tier 2 Icemen and Yetis.  

• Haha 2
  • ROTF 2

1 hour ago, James Gatz said:

Paid coaches, skills/goalie training, dryland, 12-15 summer practices, 2-3 weekly practices in season, 50-55 game schedule, 4-6 showcases, HUDL video, nicer locker room for Frozen Pond, THF schedule, feeling of superiority over Tier 2 Icemen and Yetis.  

Are the tournaments included? 

20 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

This is incorrect.  (Sorry my nephew played for them) - they lost one forward who made preds and one is trying out for 08 team.  Everyone else is coming back to my knowledge and they are picking up a couple other kids.  I would assume if/when the one kid gets cut from 08 tryouts he is back and then the team is basically intact.  They had plenty of kids try out though so it's more of a matter of what level they end up being in the long run.

Well one of the goalies that just made it  for Shaha is at Preds tonight. 

Edited by hockey07

22 hours ago, Woo Letang Clan said:

Website has Esmark as having complete for 09 tryouts? 

Wonder if they got some AAA players or if it is mostly AA as what was showing up to the open skates 

3 hours ago, hockey07 said:

Well one of the goalies that just made it  for Shaha is at Preds tonight. 

Not sure how any goalies made it for shaha since tonight was their final night of tryouts from 8-9 but I can take your word for it.  Unless the coach called those who made it  and preds had a tryout within 20 minutes I don't know how that would happen. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hockey00 said:

Wonder if they got some AAA players or if it is mostly AA as what was showing up to the open skates 

It’s brutal but they had to start somewhere and at least make a team. It doesn’t have the depth of even most AA teams. 

8 hours ago, Hockey00 said:

from what I heard it’s about half AA and one goalie AA and the other half AAA and the other goalie is from vengeance AAA

On 4/16/2024 at 8:19 PM, stickboy said:

Welcome to what it takes to get to Tier 1 juniors and NCAA D1!  Like it or not, most of the Top 10 midget programs that provide the best exposure are doing something similar or are prep schools.  It sucks, but just the way it is

That’s IF Mr/Miss Strawman makes a ‘no pay to play’ team/league. If, mr Strawman really wants to get looked at by the legitimate Tier 1 organizations, then they are going to have to make that difficult decision to leave all of their friends and family at a young age in order to focus on their hockey progression. There’s big-time costs that start to get involved. Mix that in with increased stress of moving away for the first time; the school and grades will probably slip a bit at first just because of the entirety of everything else involved and slight lack of focus that is expected.and having ups, then they are and The price for everything starts to peak right around midget

9 hours ago, Hockeyville31 said:

They also have Euros coming……….stay tuned player depth may not be an issue coupled with their coaching staff

so are you saying the euros will get most of the playing time?

• Wink 1

3 minutes ago, bender05 said:

Thought someone in here said 09 vengeance folded? Or do you mean AA new vengeance?

People thought they folded but they ended up moving their tryouts to later in the week to pick up the scraps. 

I'll be interested to see who they're able to get.  I've heard of 5 of their better players that made Predators.  Some others I know were at Esmark tryouts and I assume made it.  It looks like they switched up coaches.  The guy from last year that came in from Michigan isn't listed anymore, instead it's the father/son duo that coached their younger ages.  

• Uh, Ok 1

32 minutes ago, TeamRamRod said:

I'll be interested to see who they're able to get.  I've heard of 5 of their better players that made Predators.  Some others I know were at Esmark tryouts and I assume made it.  It looks like they switched up coaches.  The guy from last year that came in from Michigan isn't listed anymore, instead it's the father/son duo that coached their younger ages.  

Heard like 10 skaters and a few goalies. Criminal they didn’t cancel tryouts and took their tryout fee