Montour Hockey

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

so you know all this about the rosters, the kid etc but you are not associated with montour hockey in anyway ? ?

Sure there are plenty of local kids playing AAA travel hockey that play A. Also AA,AAA & B. This is a different situation. 

I can already see montour’s defense by your response - the commissioner died. Everything was done with him. Morbid. 

kids are not being recruited for PIHL hockey per say - it’s teams taking  advantage of getting them in their district. Look at canevin years ago, the place yuri started placing kids. Look at the rule pihl put in just for esmark’s visa players. Look at bishop mcort playing up in AA this year.

What it seems like to me is that the commissioner gave the goalie approval, then which he died and now Avonworth is trying to take advantage of his death and cheat there way into playoffs. ? 

• 100 2

2 minutes ago, Mr.lovable said:

What it seems like to me is that the commissioner gave the goalie approval, then which he died and now Avonworth is trying to take advantage of his death and cheat there way into playoffs. ? 

Oh boy.  Here we go.  

new sign up, 2 posts....stirring the pot. 

Edited by Ihearthockey
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, hockey57410 said:

Live in district. My son doesn’t play hockey, but it was buzz of his hockey friends today. They said the team manager specifically took the kid as billet so he could play. Coach asked someone to get a goalie bc montour president kid was goalie but was horrible. Seems like they were desperate to get someone since post Clay the board made shambles of program. No way this was a coincidence. Guess kid is leaving to go home as soon as aaa season is over too. Didn’t really want to play varsity but kind of had to with billet family being team manager 

Ah yes because the billet family would take on that stress and responsibility just to have a good high school team. I’m sure most aaa kids don’t even care that much about high school hockey.

14 minutes ago, Icebucket said:

I was thinking about this earlier but decided not to comment about it. Clay was such a stand up guy and got pushed out. Then they replace him with a coach who's biggest knock is that he is a win at all cost guy. Could be completely unrelated, but just seems like an odd coincidence.

Doesn’t seem like new guy has done much either. He Got the benefit of moving to Single A and getting a “aaa” goalie 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.lovable said:

Ah yes because the billet family would take on that stress and responsibility just to have a good high school team. I’m sure most aaa kids don’t even care that much about high school hockey.

You would be surprised. For those esmark kids it’s less stress, Puts some fun back in the game.  

as for the billet family taking on stress - we are talking about hockey parents here. Lots will do anything to advance their kid or get on a coaches good side. I’m sure the kid who’s family is billeting is getting kudos from esmark. I do know only a few years back (before this crazy Inflation) esmark does pay the billet families. There is a lot to gain for thier son at esmark and for their sons varsity team. 

Edited by Danner27
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

This.  

The kid went 9-1.  Montour should probably not be playing A hockey with that kid.  If they did it legally, good for them, they are one of the favorites in A.  If not, they should garner no sympathy and do it correctly next year. 

They should not have been allowed to play with a 2007 freshman Esmark AAA kid, but QV can play with an Esmark 2006 AAA sophomore goalie.  Ok that sounds logical.  

• ROTF 1

16 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

You would be surprised. For those esmark kids it’s less stress, Puts some fun back in the game.  

as for the billet family taking on stress - we are talking about hockey parents here. Lots will do anything to advance their kid or get on a coaches good side. I’m sure the kid who’s family is billeting is getting kudos from esmark. I do know only a few years back (before this crazy Inflation) esmark does pay the billet families. There is a lot to gain for thier son at esmark and for their sons varsity team. 

I agree with some of what you’re saying, but by saying “those esmark kids” sounds like you’re almost stereotyping them to be bad. And to my knowledge the billet family who is sending there kid to play pays the billet family hosting it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoxkeydad said:

They should not have been allowed to play with a 2007 freshman Esmark AAA kid, but QV can play with an Esmark 2006 AAA sophomore goalie.  Ok that sounds logical.  

If that's the argument then McDowell's goalie is a 2003 playing against 07/08 kids. The kid is 20yrs old. He was also listed on the JV team.

Edited by Pucks11

4 minutes ago, Hoxkeydad said:

Well the goalie from QV has always lived there, his dad, I believe ran the Neville island rink at one point. Your not even comparing apples to oranges. 

32 minutes ago, Mr.lovable said:

SMFH - when your buddy was posting earlier today - I called this. Didn’t want to think I would be right. You montour folks are going to try and blame the guy that died. Pathetic. 

• 100 1

19 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

as for the billet family taking on stress - we are talking about hockey parents here. Lots will do anything to advance their kid or get on a coaches good side. I’m sure the kid whose family is billeting is getting kudos from esmark. I do know only a few years back (before this crazy Inflation) esmark does pay the billet families. There is a lot to gain for thier son at esmark and for their sons varsity team. 

Esmark doesn’t pay billet families.  The family that has the player pays the billet a fee.  Trust me it won’t even cover the food for an athlete.

7 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Well the goalie from QV has always lived there, his dad, I believe ran the Neville island rink at one point. Your not even comparing apples to oranges. 

Umm the comment I replied to said “Montour should probably not be playing A hockey with that kid”.  I think I was on topic.  Stay with us 

11 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

Off topic fella.  Start a QV thread if you're all butthurt about them.  

Umm the comment I replied to said “Montour should probably not be playing A hockey with that kid”.  I think I was on topic.  Stay with us  BTW I got nothing against QV or any HS program.  I’m for letting kids play 

Edited by Hoxkeydad

12 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

At any expense eh?

Expand on that.  I’m sure you think they brought  in a ringer,  recruited from out of state and on and on.  Big cheaters they are.  They had a frigging freshman goalie that by virtue of his billet lives in the district and wanted to have fun playing HS and meet kids that happen to be good and made some people butts hurt.  

Edited by Hoxkeydad
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoxkeydad said:

Expand on that.  I’m sure you think they brought  in a ringer,  recruited from out of state and on and on.  Big cheaters they are.  They had a frigging freshman goalie that wanted to have fun playing HS and meet kids that happen to be good and made some people butts hurt.  

No need to.  As I've said previously, if you've done it by the rules good for you. If not reap what you sow.

See, you seem to mistake me for somebody who cares about which school makes it to the playoffs. All I care is that the rules are followed. Now if you guys come out smelling like roses on the other end of this you can come on this website and say told you so but I won't lose a minute of sleep. Because I don't care. All I care about is that the rules are followed and are appropriately applied.

Edited by Ihearthockey
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoxkeydad said:

Expand on that.  I’m sure you think they brought  in a ringer,  recruited from out of state and on and on.  Big cheaters they are.  They had a frigging freshman goalie that by virtue of his billet lives in the district and wanted to have fun playing HS and meet kids that happen to be good and made some people butts hurt.  

Hey @Hoxkeydad and I quote - “BTW I’m not a Montour parent and do not live in district.”

Are you still sticking with this statement?  

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1
  • ROTF 1
  • Dislike 1