You might be a delusional hockey parent

8 hours ago, Nepotisim_anyone said:

Name them. Most are just walking around trying to relive their youth as they never amounted to much. I can even think of one just running Daddy’s business and still thinks he’s going somewhere & is full of empty promises. 

No need to name them. They don’t need to be dragged into it. But I don’t think you are thinking of the same coaches as me. As neither one works for their Daddy’s company and neither have any delusions of their continued hockey careers. Thanks for guessing, wrong. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Don't know the Pens Coaches but I would have to say that Yuri & Kosick at Esmark have to be doing something right as their 16 & 18U teams are consistently competitive and beat the Pens sometimes.  The coach of the 06 independent SHAHA AAA team might have been the best of the bunch.  Not sure of his name but b put together really good teams up to last year.

I think the 18U Esmark team has 8 or 9 kids tendered to Junior teams!

And this program has moved some players to the NCAA D1.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:01 PM, hockeyisgreat said:

Don't know the Pens Coaches but I would have to say that Yuri & Kosick at Esmark have to be doing something right as their 16 & 18U teams are consistently competitive and beat the Pens sometimes.  The coach of the 06 independent SHAHA AAA team might have been the best of the bunch.  Not sure of his name but b put together really good teams up to last year.

I think the 18U Esmark team has 8 or 9 kids tendered to Junior teams!

He is doing something right, plucking hockey players off the front lines in Kharkiv and bring them to New Kensington!

Yes those tenders are great for those guys, but their t1 league is tied to the Nahl, so teams have to invite a number of players. I'd be curious how many make a team, I don't know the answer.

6 hours ago, zam said:

He is doing something right, plucking hockey players off the front lines in Kharkiv and bring them to New Kensington!

Yes those tenders are great for those guys, but their t1 league is tied to the Nahl, so teams have to invite a number of players. I'd be curious how many make a team, I don't know the answer.

tenders are nothing more the a invite to main camp and that team owns your rights for the season coming up. 90 percent of them dot make the tendered nahl team anyways they end up in ncdc or na3 or usphl 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 12:42 PM, BACKCHECKING said:

Pens are the only option for good AAA coaching in Pittsburgh. Esmark has become ghetto and trashy since CJ started coaching.  Vengeance once again lost half of their roster to Esmark and Predators due to a narcissistic dad coach. Predators lost all their top players because of coaching / assistant coaching decisions. The lack of coaching leadership of both teams caused the fight.

10’s parents should take note from of the 09’s and ask the question why Esmark and Vengeance can’t field 09 teams anymore.

This statement is not all true, and a hard statement to follow. 

The true statement is there is no good coaches anymore!

You think pens is where the good coaching is because they have a better record but they have a better record because they have the more developed kids. They have the more developed kids because a lot of them have the money to do extra lessons or fly their kid to Pittsburgh to live with the raw talent the kid has. 

Also it all depends on what you mean by coaching? Vaping on the bench? Sleeping with the parents? Lying to kids to get them to your team to not play them? Taking 20 kids on a midget team to not play half of them? Skills and drills on the side to make a living?