2 hours ago, zam said:

Other than the birthyear when the Pens drop the black team and only field one team, is there ever a large enough cut of players to "Come to the rescue??" At least historically maybe 2 or 3 players get cut from a team, they either go to prep school, Barons, or Esmark. Has that changed?

Just know vengeance and shaha 09 goalies went to barons over the weekend. pens 09 release today. 

Maybe they should axe all the 06's who ran to the Barons a few years ago how that worked out.

I simply can't fathom how far people will go to chase something that's not happening in 99.5% of the cases.

Edited by sadday4hockey

2 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

I simply can't fathom how far people will go to chase something that's not happening in 99.5% of the cases.

And blindly.

But... "That only happens to other people.  We'll be different."

39 minutes ago, No Politics said:

And blindly.

But... "That only happens to other people.  We'll be different."

44 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

One need not look any further than the Great Walt Disney who said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

But if, in fact, you do want to look past the great Walt Disney, perhaps The Office's Michael Scott said it best "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Not discounting what you are saying, and I say this half-jokingly:  Walt Disney didn't blindly play the lottery to build his empire -- he had a well thought out plan -- and Wayne Gretzky said that he didn't mean for us to take shots from our own defensive end.

"Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the present." -- Qui-Gon Jinn 

😉

Edited by No Politics
  • ROTF 1

5 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

It's not about killing dreams but rather having realistic expectations.

And why are so many parents so willing to part with their kids during such an important part of their overall societal development?

also wild when it is an only child going to live with an unknown billet family

7 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

And why are so many parents so willing to part with their kids during such an important part of their overall societal development?

If the discussion is still about players from Pittsburgh going to Barons, that is a 2hr drive depending on where in the Pittsburgh region you are coming from.  Not all the players from Pittsburgh that are going up there are going to billet, some have the ability and the willingness to do that drive.  Believe me, I've heard of parents driving what people would consider "crazy" distances to give their kids opportunities that were not available to them in other areas.    

1 minute ago, hockey55 said:

Vengeance 2009 changed their tryouts to later this week.  Probably hoping to catch those that didn’t make other teams or if teams fold

Sounds like the 09 AAA teams might be right sizing if Esmark and vengeance aren't able to field teams.  Unfortunately they will just take all the cast offs and continue with too many teams in the region watering down PAHL and keeping hockey dumb.  

• Like 1
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Sounds like the 09 AAA teams might be right sizing if Esmark and vengeance aren't able to field teams.  Unfortunately they will just take all the cast offs and continue with too many teams in the region watering down PAHL and keeping hockey dumb.  

Hahahahahaha. There in no bigger proponent of the Pens is a waste and all other AAA teams in the area are Faux AAA filled with parents searching for the extra A. You have the respect the consistency of the guy. 

On 4/15/2024 at 1:41 PM, Corsi said:

If the discussion is still about players from Pittsburgh going to Barons, that is a 2hr drive depending on where in the Pittsburgh region you are coming from.  Not all the players from Pittsburgh that are going up there are going to billet, some have the ability and the willingness to do that drive.  Believe me, I've heard of parents driving what people would consider "crazy" distances to give their kids opportunities that were not available to them in other areas.    

Edited by Elitedaddy

4 hours ago, hockey55 said:

well if anyone wants rumors. one 09 pens goalie got cut for a Buffalo jr sabres kid and both vengeance goalies trying out other places for 09

Yep, that would be my kid that got cut because we would not get on board with NC/ Excel. Logistically not feasible for our family but hey, as we were told they never cut kids for not doing Excel. 🤷🏻‍♀️ and to sweeten the experience the rest of the team knew by 5:30 who had made it but we had to reach out to the coach at 9:45 pm to get an answer. What. A. Joke.

Edited by Tendymom
  • Angry 2
  • Poop 1
  • Dislike 2

39 minutes ago, Tendymom said:

Yep, that would be my kid that got cut because we would not get on board with NC/ Excel. Logistically not feasible for our family but hey, as we were told they never cut kids for not doing Excel. 🤷🏻‍♀️ and to sweeten the experience the rest of the team knew by 5:30 who had made it but we had to reach out to the coach at 9:45 pm to get an answer. What. A. Joke.

Brutal. They're doing a real great job growing Pittsburgh hockey players out there in Cranberry. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Tendymom said:

Wow. So sorry that happened to your family. That’s terrible. Best of luck moving forward 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tendymom said:

Sorry that happened to your family. Fortunately there is always a place for goalies. I am sure that he will find a home.

12 hours ago, Tendymom said:

Sorry, as well.  I know other PE players, and have heard that story before regarding NC/Excel.  I never heard of someone being cut for it, though, so -- again -- sorry to hear that.

55 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

It's extortion. But the fact that everyone knows it and then act blind-sided by it is........... well, amazing.

Yes was sitting here thinking the same thing. People have literally been saying this for years.  There are exceptions when they want to get a kid in the door or give them one year or if the kid is absolutely top 3 in their Birthyear but generally that's the unwritten rule and you are always replaceable by someone with a bigger credit line.