School teams looking for coaches

Is it safe to assume with the additional number of games and travel involved that paid coaches for Club hockey is an even higher amount? Or maybe pay is higher in PIHL because of club sponsors and fundraising.

A few years ago a friend on a local AAA club team said each family had to pay 1000 cash to start the season and they put it in a bag and gave it to the coach as his salary. Not sure if he got paid additionally from the organization.

3 hours ago, zam said:

Is it safe to assume with the additional number of games and travel involved that paid coaches for Club hockey is an even higher amount? Or maybe pay is higher in PIHL because of club sponsors and fundraising.

A few years ago a friend on a local AAA club team said each family had to pay 1000 cash to start the season and they put it in a bag and gave it to the coach as his salary. Not sure if he got paid additionally from the organization.

Predators charge a coaching fee. I don't think it's in cash, but it's significant. Last time I talked to someone there, it was  $900-1000/kid. I think this was just AAA teams though. Not sure if they pay any other coaches. But $900 x 15 kids is $13,500.

For whatever reason, high school has generally paid better for years. The coaching salaries are not a surprise to me.

• Poop 1

1 hour ago, Chinstrap said:

If the Board has any say in coach hiring or compensation.

In high school the Board is usually the group that hires and sets salary. And I know of a varsity position or two that don’t pay anywhere near what has been stated here. 

1 hour ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

Predators charge a coaching fee. I don't think it's in cash, but it's significant. Last time I talked to someone there, it was  $900-1000/kid. I think this was just AAA teams though. Not sure if they pay any other coaches. But $900 x 15 kids is $13,500.

For whatever reason, high school has generally paid better for years. The coaching salaries are not a surprise to me.

Is that an actually to be paid as a salary for the coach or is that like a team fund which also usually pays for travel expenses like hotels, food, gas,...

• 3 weeks later...

How so? He's been on the staff for quite some time as well so has some culpability for the team's results.

But wasn't he the assistant coach, who was hired by the former Coach? And then went to the board behind his back?

That's like marrying your mistress and being surprised when she's someone else's mistress.

• ROTF 1
  • Fist Bump 1

15 hours ago, Icebucket said:

Thats a huge boost for Seneca Valley

5 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

How so? He's been on the staff for quite some time as well so has some culpability for the team's results.

But wasn't he the assistant coach, who was hired by the former Coach? And then went to the board behind his back?

That's like marrying your mistress and being surprised when she's someone else's mistress.

I wish Anthony the best at Central which is a huge challenge. WHEN he wins there and he will youll see SV made a miscalculation.

He built a great organization at Seneca Valley with development at JV (2) and Middle School (2)teams and was successful every year he coached. Its not easy to win a State Championship  (Congrats Pine Richland !)