School teams looking for coaches

44 minutes ago, Chimp Life said:

they lost in the pens cup final...i dont view that as success..

Only two out of the 24 A-level teams make it to the Pens Cup final and they lost to a team that did not lose a game the entire season.  Most schools would take that scenario in a heartbeat.  On top of that, GS was a five seed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Only two out of the 24 A-level teams make it to the Pens Cup final and they lost to a team that did not lose a game the entire season.  Most schools would take that scenario in a heartbeat.  On top of that, GS was a five seed.

The dude has made 2 posts, both unhinged. 

• Wink 1

On 3/28/2024 at 4:04 PM, nemesis8679 said:

Wonder what happened there? Sounds like they had a successful year.

Corey did a great job with Salem and should be commended for taking the program to new heights and doing so the right way 

This is so wrong. He's a really good coach with an outstanding resume and he was dismissed because certain people on the board want to go in a different direction. The word is they want to find someone with a military background. Not sure if the last part is true or not. I wish John well. Just one of the perils of coahing HS hockey. You're at the mercy of the board instead of an athletic director.

• Like 2

The last time the FR club experienced something like this in 2011 - 2015, the Varsity went 1-80-1 over 4 years. Thank god for the FR Little Panthers, who led the program to two Penguins Cups and 10 straight winning seasons under Brian Kurtz and John Winebrenner.

On 4/3/2024 at 4:31 PM, Law said:

This is so wrong. He's a really good coach with an outstanding resume and he was dismissed because certain people on the board want to go in a different direction. The word is they want to find someone with a military background. Not sure if the last part is true or not. I wish John well. Just one of the perils of coahing HS hockey. You're at the mercy of the board instead of an athletic director.

Oh, if only that were true everywhere.

On 4/4/2024 at 4:32 PM, Chinstrap said:

Oh, if only that were true everywhere.

Hopefully they find someone with a coaching background and not just military 

On 4/3/2024 at 4:31 PM, Law said:

1 hour ago, nemesis8679 said:

I’d say the range is around 8k-12k

I think 8-12 is probably pretty accurate for a new coach coming in. Some of the longer tenured coaches are up to 18k, at least from the ones I know.

4 hours ago, Icebucket said:

I think 8-12 is probably pretty accurate for a new coach coming in. Some of the longer tenured coaches are up to 18k, at least from the ones I know.

That much would probably have to be at a big school.

22 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

That much would probably have to be at a big school.

For the most part yes, but as far as I know the coach who makes the most is at one of the smallest schools in the area.

Obviously I don't know what everyone makes; I can only assume he's at the top as it's a massive number 

• Holy Moly 1