Montour Hockey

On 2/27/2023 at 9:27 PM, PeterThePuck said:

PIHL should cone back and bury Montour Hockey program.

Suspend them from playing the next two years for taking this to a Judge.

My friends that will teach anyone a lesson trying to do this crap ever again.

from what I heard the kid is coming back to play again next year… and no one can do anything about it this time because he’s eligible.

• Holy Moly 1

On 2/28/2023 at 12:19 PM, fafa fohi said:

The reference to thanking  “BB the assistant coach” for Montour being disqualified from playoffs was all that was needed for anyone owning a brain to figure out whom you are pointing fingers at. And now you want to “discuss in person?”  Sure tough guy.

??

“Sure tough guy” says the one who’s sitting behind a screen like some whiny crybaby who just wants to waste his life hating on people.

1 minute ago, Icebucket said:

No, the kid should get zero blame. The coach should get most of it and the board should also carry some.

Agreed the kid did nothing wrong. But also from my sources I heard that the judge said that montour didn’t fool anything wrong, but the pihl broke there own bylaws and started playoffs early because of what seems like they were scared of a 14 year old taking over there league. But totally agree the kid should get 0 blame.

57 minutes ago, hockey57410 said:

For the last time stack the pads is obviously Montour parent probably on the board. You willingly tried to hide the kid/cheat. Regardless of what the judge “felt bad about “you cost these kids the season. No one believes your flimsy story about he really “wasn’t “a transfer.

and you must not know any other sports, because if this was football or basketball, this would have been an even bigger deal.

Yes I’m supportive of montour (and kids playing hockey).  No I’m not on the board.  What the f does that mean?  What’s your affiliation?  Please disclose.  I know- none.  Just a dude in their parents basement commenting on a hockey forum or a random guy who’s kids are done playing hockey.   It most certainly would have not been a big deal because it happens all the time in those other sports and is completely allowable.  Again tho- not the real point.  The point is nobody tried to hide anything.  Everyone knew, including your kids coach.  If you would like to call me a cheater to my face, please let me know and we can arrange.

For the last time stack the pads is obviously Montour parent probably on the board. You willingly tried to hide the kid/cheat. Regardless of what the judge “felt bad about “you cost these kids the season. No one believes your flimsy story about he really “wasn’t “a transfer.

and you must not know any other sports, because if this was football or basketball, this would have been an even bigger deal.

Yes I’m supportive of montour (and kids playing hockey).  No I’m not on the board.  What the f does that mean?  What’s your affiliation?  Please disclose.  I know- none.  Just a dude in their parents basement commenting on a hockey forum or a random guy who’s kids are done playing hockey.   It most certainly would have not been a big deal because it happens all the time in those other sports and is completely allowable.  Again tho- not the real point.  The point is nobody tried to hide anything.  Everyone knew, including your kids coach.  If you would like to call me a cheater to my face, please let me know and we can arrange to discuss.

Yes I’m supportive of montour (and kids playing hockey).  No I’m not on the board.  What the f does that mean?  What’s your affiliation?  Please disclose.  I know- none.  Just a dude in their parents basement commenting on a hockey forum or a random guy who’s kids are done playing hockey.   It most certainly would have not been a big deal because it happens all the time in those other sports and is completely allowable.  Again tho- not the real point.  The point is nobody tried to hide anything.  Everyone knew, including your kids coach.  If you would like to call me a cheater to my face, please let me know and we can arrange to discuss.

48 minutes ago, Mr.lovable said:

“Sure tough guy” says the one who’s sitting behind a screen like some whiny crybaby who just wants to waste his life hating on people.

You Montour clowns are the ones still crying on a daily basis, blaming everyone else but themselves for what happened.  It's PIHL's fault, it's Avonworth's fault, it's QV's fault or it's their coaches fault, it's the judge's fault.  

The scoreboard sucks sometimes but it doesn't lie - get over it, skippy.  You seem to have anger issues and have a hard time with letting things go.  How much longer will you and the rest of the Montour brethren continue to whine and point fingers?

As for me?  I'm laughing at you and the rest.  The kids on your team are the ones suffering for the errors created by PARENTS like you.  Get some self awareness and a clue.

• Like 3

I felt bad for the kids until I found out that the billet family's kid is trying to recruit kids at games on Monday night at RMU and on Snapchat. They knew exactly what they were doing and apparently don't give a damn because the day their case was heard they were actively doing the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

I felt bad for the kids until I found out that the billet family's kid is trying to recruit kids at games on Monday night at RMU and on Snapchat. They knew exactly what they were doing and apparently don't give a damn because the day their case was heard they were actively doing the same thing.

Yeah, all your previous posts indicate that you felt bad for the kids.  Trying to recruit kids for what?  More garbage spewing while hiding behind a forum.  Happy to discuss.  Let me know the time and place. No anger- just want to see if someone will make these ridiculous comments face to face.  Easy to do from the shadows.  

39 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

You Montour clowns are the ones still crying on a daily basis, blaming everyone else but themselves for what happened.  It's PIHL's fault, it's Avonworth's fault, it's QV's fault or it's their coaches fault, it's the judge's fault.  

The scoreboard sucks sometimes but it doesn't lie - get over it, skippy.  You seem to have anger issues and have a hard time with letting things go.  How much longer will you and the rest of the Montour brethren continue to whine and point fingers?

As for me?  I'm laughing at you and the rest.  The kids on your team are the ones suffering for the errors created by PARENTS like you.  Get some self awareness and a clue.

I think I can hear you laughing from your mom’s basement.  

37 minutes ago, Stackthepads said:

I think I can hear you laughing from your mom’s basement.  

And I quote - "stackthepads out"

Yet here you are - promise made, promise broken.  

How much longer will the whining go on, just so I am prepared.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Icebucket said:

I do find the "he would be eligible in football or basketball and those are more popular sports than hockey" argument hilarious. The fact that you read other leagues rules but neglected to read the PIHL rules is insane.

Can't wait for an NHL coach to sneak 11 guys on the ice and then argue it's not too many men because the NFL allows it.

If this kind of athlete addition were attempted within the WPIAL or PIAA, not only WOULD it be an issue, but there would be a highly publicized hearing.  They literally have it on record for everyone to see, with published documents showing which students have transferred and who has been approved or denied, and it’s also covered widely by local media.  Google “WPIAL eligibility hearing” and that will be abundantly clear. 

The PIHL is so behind in this regard.  Why is the PIHL like this? Hopefully, whoever gets that Commissioner job will overhaul the system, including the placement into the different classes. The PIHL classifications were created at a time with much lower participation in hockey. Now, schools like QV (14 total skaters in grades 9-12) and Greensburg Salem (16 skaters in grades 9-12) compete with 4A and 5A (WPIAL) schools.  These bigger schools get rewarded for not developing a youth program. If they played in a classification with schools their size, they wouldn’t win half their games.  That’s why Montour, with more than 30 high school players, should be in AA, along with most of the schools listed below. The PIHL system is antiquated. High school enrollment of Playoff teams remaining in what the PIHL considers “A”:

McDowell: 2,194

Norwin: ~1,600

Fox Chapel: 1,317

North Hills: ~1,300

Shaler: ~1,200

Kiski: ~1,200

Greensburg Salem: 820

QV: 623

McDowell has 300 more kids in 9-12 than QV has in K-12.  

Edited by Theroadtobeerleague
  • Holy Moly 1

1 hour ago, Stackthepads said:

Yeah, all your previous posts indicate that you felt bad for the kids.  Trying to recruit kids for what?  More garbage spewing while hiding behind a forum.  Happy to discuss.  Let me know the time and place. No anger- just want to see if someone will make these ridiculous comments face to face.  Easy to do from the shadows.  

My previous posts have indicated that it was not the kids fault but the it was the fault of the coach and person/people who were supposed to fill the paperwork out and turn it in.

I saw the Snapchats first hand and have the screenshots.

Another teams coach isn't any better than the Montour coach. He has openly called a kid on another team his future superstar (during a game on a face-off)  and even offered to get him an address in said district.

26 minutes ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

If this kind of athlete addition were attempted within the WPIAL or PIAA, not only WOULD it be an issue, but there would be a highly publicized hearing.  They literally have it on record for everyone to see, with published documents showing which students have transferred and who has been approved or denied, and it’s also covered widely by local media.  Google “WPIAL eligibility hearing” and that will be abundantly clear. 

The PIHL is so behind in this regard.  Why is the PIHL like this? Hopefully, whoever gets that Commissioner job will overhaul the system, including the placement into the different classes. The PIHL classifications were created at a time with much lower participation in hockey. Now, schools like QV (14 total skaters in grades 9-12) and Greensburg Salem (16 skaters in grades 9-12) compete with 4A and 5A (WPIAL) schools.  These bigger schools get rewarded for not developing a youth program. If they played in a classification with schools their size, they wouldn’t win half their games.  That’s why Montour, with more than 30 high school players, should be in AA, along with most of the schools listed below. The PIHL system is antiquated. High school enrollment of Playoff teams remaining in what the PIHL considers “A”:

The PIAA goes strictly on enrollment. Regardless of competitive balance.  PIHL attempts to use a competitive balance for A and AA.  Never totally fair because numbers of players can change so much year to year.

1 hour ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

The PIHL can't go by enrollment considering hockey isn't really a sport everyone can play(mainly for financial reasons).  Going off enrollment alone Peters would always be AA despite the fact that they roll through AAA quite often.  It would also put Wheeling Park (who is 0-20 in A) into AAA.

I don't think the PIHL system is perfect, but it keeps the levels much more competitive than going off enrollment would for sure.

Edited by Icebucket
  • 100 1

22 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

The PIAA goes strictly on enrollment. Regardless of competitive balance.  PIHL attempts to use a competitive balance for A and AA.  Never totally fair because numbers of players can change so much year to year.

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/aliquippa-wins-piaa-appeal-remains-in-class-4a-football/

PI
AA does not go strictly on enrollment either.
Size of the school is certainly a factor, but for hockey, it is far from the most important factor. Things like where the rinks are relative to the school and relative wealth in the district strike me as two big factors right away.

Size is a factor when other things are equal for sure. And it does seem crazy to me that McDowell is in A. But on the other hand, Ringgold, if they could put a pure team together, would probably be OK to be in A.

The idea that high school programs "develop" players is kind of misleading too. I would probably credit the local amateur organizations for that more than anything. Mon Valley hasn't seen great numbers in their ADM programs, so the high schools who play there have been weak or even gone out of existence. You could say the opposite about schools whose kids would start their hockey careers in ADM programs at Baierl or RMU.

48 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

You are right! I completely forgot about the competitive balance rule in football!  Way to many rules in the PIAA. Does that only apply to Football.

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/piaa-may-strengthen-competitive-balance-rule-by-including-all-team-sports-removing-transfers/

Looks like just basketball and football right now.

I could see baseball getting added down the road. With the amount of travel baseball, baseball camps, and baseball private training, it feels like it's going the way hockey is going in terms of expense. Maybe soccer and lacrosse too.

The real argument for a competitive balance rule in hockey is Connellsville in the 1990s. Because of the size of the school, they played in AAA in the 90s. They regularly lost games 15-0 and even their "close" games were 8-2 losses. Really not a good result for either team.

20 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

Another teams coach isn't any better than the Montour coach. He has openly called a kid on another team his future superstar (during a game on a face-off)  and even offered to get him an address in said district.

One year on one of my kid's teams, the coach for what I would totally consider a faux AAA team gave our goalie his card after we scrimmaged them. He said he was the only reason our team did well against them.? Good narrative, gotta tell yourself something, I guess.

The crazies have no shame, and Snapchat is definitely a favorite recruiting tool. Our kid tore the card up and was like, why in the hell would I want to go play for that team?

Too bad no one enforces recruitment rules around here.

• 100 1

3 hours ago, Saucey said:

One year on one of my kid's teams, the coach for what I would totally consider a faux AAA team gave our goalie his card after we scrimmaged them. He said he was the only reason our team did well against them.?

The crazies have no shame, and Snapchat is definitely a favorite recruiting tool. Our kid tore the card up and was like, why in the hell would I want to go play for that team?

Too bad no one enforces recruitment rules around here.

Not to mention, an adult coach has no business snapchatting/texting children. Even if intentions aren't in appropriate, it's a terrible idea. 

• Like 1