What happened at Vengeance

4 hours ago, Saucey said:

Really? Was there a big influx of 07s into PAHL? It is usually pretty bad.

With SHAHA 07 AAA folding and the dissolution of the Icemen 07 AA team this year, I do believe alot of kids went to PAHL teams.  

Edited by Ihearthockey

1 hour ago, Ihearthockey said:

With SHAHA 07 AAA folding and the dissolution of the Icemen 07 AA team this year, I do believe alot of kids went to PAHL teams.  

I don't think that will elevate the landscape that much. We will see. Would be nice to not have whoever goes to Nationals not get their clocks cleaned.

13 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Correct me here if I'm mistaken but wasn't there a local team that won 16U AA Nationals 2 years ago? And not the little 1A or 2A, the Big Boy division.

What does that have to do with the teams coming up? I don't see any teams coming up that are anywhere near as good as that Renegades team was. Or tell me which team you think is going to be equivalent.

Look at 14u last season. There were a couple of teams at MidAms battling it out. The winner....got their clocks...cleaned...at Nationals. I am not trying to be nasty or negative. I watched a bit of some of those MidAm games and I didn't think I was watching very good hockey. 

It is a fact that 07BY is very low. And yes, never been overly impressed with what I have seen with the 08s. The dilution to go play AAA coming home to roost. PAHL may be competitive with each other, which don't get me wrong, is good. But 16uAA is supposed to be the big year. I am ok with being wrong. I want Western Pa to be competitive on the national scene.

Again, ok with being wrong. Just don't see it at the moment. Someone mentioned Rebellion being really good. Where did their influx of players come from? Did they get all the SHAHA 07s?

Don't forget, the Renegades team was largely able to stay together with few roster changes for years. That does mean something. That never happens in PAHL these days. 

Edited by Saucey
I looked up records

I don't have a current 16U kid, but if I was a PAHL board member I'd much rather have a league with some parity - maybe 5-6 teams that are all competitive with each other - than to have one team that dominates the league and is a national contender. So, whether or not the MidAm AA winner gets their 'clocks cleaned' at Nationals wouldn't concern me. If more high end AA/low end AAA kids are playing 16U AA this year and they are sprinkling across various teams, that's a good thing IMO.

3 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

What does this mean? They have a roster listed on the website. Has it fallen apart since then?

They had 2 07 teams last year. They are only having 1 this season. Not sure I'd consider the players who didn't make the current team when they went down to 1 an influx of super talent into PAHL teams. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loach said:

I don't have a current 16U kid, but if I was a PAHL board member I'd much rather have a league with some parity - maybe 5-6 teams that are all competitive with each other - than to have one team that dominates the league and is a national contender. So, whether or not the MidAm AA winner gets their 'clocks cleaned' at Nationals wouldn't concern me. If more high end AA/low end AAA kids are playing 16U AA this year and they are sprinkling across various teams, that's a good thing IMO.

I hear ya. Then don't have a AA designation. Isn't that what PAHL is moving to anyway? Force all the AA kids to play an independent schedule. 

Not sure where the Rebellion got players from but I can’t see how they udgraded.

I am pretty sure Shaha players ended up at MT Lebo and Vengeance predominantly, with NP and Steel City maybe picking up a couple.

Seems that the Rebellion lost several players from last years team to a few different teams and some of those were even out of state.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2023 at 8:55 AM, dazedandconfused said:

What does this mean? They have a roster listed on the website. Has it fallen apart since then?

last season there was 2 icemen teams. independent aaa and independent aa. the aa one folded. aaa is still there