Top 5 PIHL Rankings

12 hours ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Went to a couple playoff games the other night. Two things I found strange, no admission fee, and no announcements during the game. No goals, assists, penalties announced. 

Interesting!  Varsity playoff guide on the front page of the PIHL site indicates that each team is responsible for a ticket taker and the proceeds have to go to PIHL.   The Semis are totally run by PIHL so be prepared to pay the 10 dollars to get in!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Went to a couple playoff games the other night. Two things I found strange, no admission fee, and no announcements during the game. No goals, assists, penalties announced. 

the playoff games so far have been Home site games. SF and Char both had admissions table and announcer for their games but the home team would have paid that announcer. Now that the games are neutral site i'm not sure how an announcer would work, maybe the two teams agree and split the cost? but whatever games you were at, that was most likely a home team descision to not do those things. 

7 minutes ago, miked said:

the playoff games so far have been Home site games. SF and Char both had admissions table and announcer for their games but the home team would have paid that announcer. Now that the games are neutral site i'm not sure how an announcer would work, maybe the two teams agree and split the cost? but whatever games you were at, that was most likely a home team descision to not do those things. 

Neutral site the rest of the way and PIHL handles everything 

18 hours ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Did you go in after the game started? I know that some schools use parent volunteers to work the front gate and charge admission. So, as soon as the game starts (maybe even warmups), they close up shop quickly in order to watch their kids play.

1 hour ago, Rewster said:

Did you go in after the game started? I know that some schools use parent volunteers to work the front gate and charge admission. So, as soon as the game starts (maybe even warmups), they close up shop quickly in order to watch their kids play.

I went in late for first game. Left, and came back on time before start of second game. Didn’t see any ticket tables set up like usual. No ticket takers at either entrance. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:49 PM, Rewster said:

The early rounds had two ticket takers.  One from each team.  They were supposed to charge the PIHL playoff ticket price.  And they had to stay for 10 minutes after the game started.  

3 hours ago, twoboys said:

The early rounds had two ticket takers.  One from each team.  They were supposed to charge the PIHL playoff ticket price.  And they had to stay for 10 minutes after the game started.  

Didn’t happen.

Edited by Happy Hockey Fan
Misspelling

3 hours ago, AAAAleaguestarter said:

Hard to believe that shaler put up 16 against GS in the regular season and then get completely shut down. What a hot streak by Greensburg 

Should be an excellent final. Char Valley was impressive. 

3 hours ago, AAAAleaguestarter said:

Hard to believe that shaler put up 16 against GS in the regular season and then get completely shut down. What a hot streak by Greensburg 

Watching on tenband TV, which isn't as good as watching live so it's hard to pick up on some things, I find it hard to believe they put up 16 on them in the regular season. Maybe they saw a different goalie or something.  Like I said in the midam post... I guess anything can happen when it's just one game.