Top 5 PIHL Rankings

3 minutes ago, powderfinger said:

Absolutely correct, nothing at all to do with why he left. Those situations were out of his control and everyone knew that. Not going to get in a pissing match with you, you don't know anything about the situation, clearly.

I attended several Mars Games over  the past few years and the had a decent team that could not compete due to lack of goaltending. Mars would out play teams and get beat bad and the players would give up. Tough situation and frustrating for coaches and players and parents as well. Things have changed and its a better situation now 

7 minutes ago, Pa Hockey said:

I attended several Mars Games over  the past few years and the had a decent team that could not compete due to lack of goaltending. Mars would out play teams and get beat bad and the players would give up. Tough situation and frustrating for coaches and players and parents as well. Things have changed and its a better situation now 

This we can agree on.

4 hours ago, Rewster said:

I heard that AAA has a 6-way tie for 2nd place. Crazy how competitive this season is already. It’s early, I know. But, it should be exciting to follow.

AAA has parity at the top and any of the top 6 are able to make a run

AA is TJ and SF and the battle will for the top 8 spots will be interesting 

A looks like QV Shaler with some interesting teams Meadville Mars Butler Indiana Salem and others capable of contending 

Edited by Pa Hockey
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok…it’s Friday, 12/1/2023…The last time the rankings were posted was 11/17/2023. I may not speak for everyone else…but I appreciate the time spent and overall human element of consideration that comes with this one person poll. Admittedly, I’m biased towards really only caring about 3A and 2A. But, I’m also certain that others enjoy these as well. Plus, on the flip side…I always remember that it’s basically a person’s opinion that’s mixed with facts and perceived potential.

I mean, anyone can pull up the actual PIHL standings and see how many points each school has; and compare them with games played, W/L/T, etc. But, in reality it’s basically a hodgepodge of incomplete information that only looks at the past. It inevitably fluctuates…at least until the very end of the season when every team has the same amount of games played. Only then, it all comes together completely.

With that said; AAA has a 4-way tie for first place…and a 7-team race where one or two games can fluctuate and slide a team’s position from first place to seventh place in a week or so. If you’re even slightly interested in Western PA HS Hockey…this has to be the equivalent of any legitimate crapshoot for a regular season divisional championship.

1 hour ago, Pa Hockey said:

image.png.d4af559e32e66230a778127f09ce0e1e.png

Great job, Thanks!  Neshannock is to low!  They beat Deer Lakes and Carrick.  Crazy loss to Central Valley. Split with Burrell.   Canevin, Burrell, Neshannock, Carrick, Deer Lakes is I think closer. 4 out of 5 from Gold Division and probably 5 out of 6 as Central Valley would probably be 6th.  Fun to talk about.  Congratulations to players of the month!