• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Theroadtobeerleague

Nationals cancelled?

Someone will figure out this is the perfect chance to make money and host their own Nationals in place of the real ones. 

7 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

What’s the point ? USA hockey is not going to listen to a few hundred parents, heck probably saves them money by canceling nationals this year. 

It’s better than complaining on a forum.... So far almost 15,000 people have signed - just a bit more than a few hundred parents.  

13 minutes ago, Puckthat said:

It’s better than complaining on a forum.... So far almost 15,000 people have signed - just a bit more than a few hundred parents.  

Only in this country would 15000 people sign a petition to attempt to force an entity, that has already extorted millions of Dollars off of people and exploited their children, to hold an event that will cost people even more money than it would have otherwise. 

Reality check, lawyers make decisions for amateur athletics now. Once the NBA (which is run by?) cancelled, they basically threw the gauntlet down and dared anybody else to hold events that required mass gatherings. It would take a group with courage and integrity to go against the grain and hold such an event. Neither of these traits are USA hockey attributes. They will make that budget for nationals. Trust me. But they will not reschedule. It will cost twice as much to cancel events already scheduled at the rinks and hold the events that were cancelled. 

If you really want to make a statement, go buy the ice that was already sold and hold the event. Play the games. They have no legal right to that ice now that it’s been forfeited. You as a consumer, have every right to coordinate the games (which is already done logistically you just have to sell all the teams on it), buy the ice time, flights and hotels. Then play the games and announce the winners. No different than it would have been done. You just didn’t pay USA hockey to do it. That would hit them where it hurts and truly make a statement. Who has the stones to do it? I bet I can guess 15000 people that don’t.

• Like 1

The looming question is this: what effect, if any, will COV19 and the related travel and assembly advisories and bans have on organizational tryouts, many of which are scheduled in the next 6-8 weeks?

I think this is going to blow over before my kids have tryouts, but how the heck can we know? And how can we predict the effects of fear on attendance?

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

Someone will figure out this is the perfect chance to make money and host their own Nationals in place of the real ones.

I can think of one specifically. Keep an eye out for an 8 team 16U event in April right here in Pittsburgh. No other age groups, just 16's.

11 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

I can think of one specifically. Keep an eye out for an 8 team 16U event in April right here in Pittsburgh. No other age groups, just 16's.

This gave me a good laugh - the sad part, it’s so damn believable. 

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

If you think for one second that this hasn't been considered..................... I would rethink it.

With the pros going on hold, along with all the major junior leagues I doubt it will. As much as the emperor wants it, in the end they need to keep the nhl image out front.