Montour Hockey

And the sick white gloves thing won’t work. Not going to show up and “play hockey” with some random you know that you’re trying to get me to go after to “play hockey”’with. Grow up. 

I’ll be present and whoever wants some action can come pull me aside. I’ll be doing my thing until then. Won’t be approaching anyone. Don’t need to know who you are or what kind of thong you have on. Nothing. You come ask me if I want to play some hockey and we’ll play some hockey. 

- Flavs

Edited by Flavio

Aaaahockey. You follow me around this board with your 4 usernames in attempts to provoke me. You’re upset that you perceived me to have the upper hand in explaining how people from the east won’t want to drive to Southpointe - now you seemed to develop an obsession. Until you give me a date and a time to meet and play hockey, get to know one another, you are a cuckhold and I will consider you as such. I will not be responding to you, your other name you use heavily and the two others that always show up to chime in for you. You are on my cuck list until further notice. 

You have your shot, and I’ve posted more than enough information about myself here. Let’s see if your energy stays the same in person. If not, continue to sit in the chair in the corner and watch Flavi do his thing. 

- Big Flavi

Edited by Flavio
  • Are you sure? 1

22 minutes ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

Escaping Ukraine and Russia billeting is a little different than coming from Ohio. 

How is it different in regards to high school hockey eligibility?  Please explain.  Don’t make this political.  They are all here for the same purpose- to play AAA hockey, not high school hockey, there is no disputing that.  Again- I state the facts.  

6 minutes ago, Stackthepads said:

How is it different in regards to high school hockey eligibility?  Please explain.  Don’t make this political.  They are all here for the same purpose- to play AAA hockey, not high school hockey, there is no disputing that.  Again- I state the facts.  

The visas state that the foreign players are here for education, not hockey. Therefore PIHL's hands are tied on not letting them play. Which is why they make the team move up a level.

Edited by Icebucket
  • Like 1

I gotta think there has rarely, if ever, been a situation where a foreign student came to US to play hockey specifically for a certain high school. I could certainly see how the risk is higher that a domestic billet student relocated for high school athletic purposes. 

Maybe put another way, completely incidental that a Russian billet student is playing for Montour for example. But, maybe not so much for someone coming from Ohio, which I think PIHL should look into a bit more. Perhaps not outright rule that the Ohio kid is ineligible for a year, but I’m good with them having a process to look into the situation. And, tying this back to the thread topic, if the team coaches/manager doesn’t disclose that clearly (ie conpleting the roster accurately), with fair play in mind, early on so it can be addressed before the season starts, shame on the adults. 

41 minutes ago, Stackthepads said:

I get that- but we all know what the truth is, correct?

Yes we all know the truth. But the rules are clearly stated and laid out for everyone to read. While they might not be fair, everyone but Montour followed them. Any anger should be directed at the Montour coaches/board who either didn't understand the rules, or blatantly tried to deceive the league. The latter is the more likely scenario here by the way.

16 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Seriously flav, we get it. You are another montour parent. Everyone here has gone over and over what the issue is & why it happened. You are literally beating a dead horse. Montour is out. I don’t see the injunction they are filing with the courts doing anything but dragging their own name through the mud longer. You montour folks don’t think PIHL is prepared for things of this nature ? They wouldn’t have DQ the team and denied the appeal if they had any fear blame was on them. I’ve been talking to few coaches in AAA & AA - they all say the same thing - montour got caught. One told me the montour board doesn’t not have a registrar, how is that possible ? Sounds like the org was ruined by parents, now run by incompetent parents.  

Again, blame board and coach. That’s the end of it. They should have been overly cautious to make sure kid was legally on roster. That simple. 

A lot of blame to go around , who reported, why, when, etc. it all starts with coach and board.  Buck stops there. 

19 minutes ago, Icebucket said:

Yes we all know the truth. But the rules are clearly stated and laid out for everyone to read. While they might not be fair, everyone but Montour followed them. Any anger should be directed at the Montour coaches/board who either didn't understand the rules, or blatantly tried to deceive the league. The latter is the more likely scenario here by the way.

Everyone followed the rules but Montour? Did every kid on every team wear a neck guard for every game?  Isn’t that a rule?  It was clearly laid out for everyone to read.  Did you read that?  Almost every team disregarded this rule.  DQ every team!  Obviously, I am joking about the DQ.  I could care less about that but just once again pointing out the false statement of everyone else “followed the rules”.  Just be factual in your statements.  I get it- some rules are more important than others.  NOT!  The rules are the rules.  We don’t get to pick and choose which rules we follow in society.  Now had you said every team but montour followed the eligibility rules then you may have a more valid point.  I’m still going to call BS on that until I have the FACTS. 

• Like 1

Yeah there’s a definite agenda here to save face by a group of individuals. Suggesting Montour screwed up ad nauseam. Holy hell. We all get it and largely agree. You can’t deflect away from the people who used this “screw up” to their advantage and did so in a cowardly way. While having a bunch of teenagers act as collateral. You can sit and claim moral high ground all you want, tell people to get mad at Montours board. If the people who ratted them out were such high standing individuals - they would have taken every other Montour player in to consideration and brought this up early on. They didn’t, so they’re just as big of scum bags as anyone else who may or may not have been attempting to take advantage of a situation involving kids. 

If I’m another adult in this situation. Even if I know the opposing coach is doing this intentionally, I’m not going to sit on it and use it to my benefit when the time is right. Knowing that it’s going to screw over a whole roster of kids that did nothing wrong. It’s pathetic. You can keep making your comments about Montour being to blame, sure, they are… The clowns that took it and turned it into a chess piece are still rats, they’re still pathetic. 

- Flavio

Edited by Flavio
  • Like 1