Initial PAHL Placements

9 hours ago, Hockey00 said:

Is there a good AA group of kids in Johnstown now for 14u?

I wouldn't think so, unless a lot of the Mid-State players went there because they wanted to play PAHL.

This whole format looks a lot different than previous years. Is a 14U AA Minor division happening this year like in previous years? If not, that's a huge mistake by PAHL. Really should also have a 12U AA Minor division IMO but that's been discussed to death on this forum.

Typically in preseason groupings the 14U AA Minor teams are separated out. That's not the case this year. They have 2009 Aviators and 2010 Aviators in the same grouping.

I also see no Rebellion 2010 AA team. I wonder if they are playing independent?

The Foxes 2009 team is in the second grouping. I wonder when the last time was that the Foxes didn't have a 14U AA team? Been awhile.

Also 14U 2009 Huskies in group 2 despite playing AA in AHF.

Edited by RJUSHL

14U group 2 is AA Minor.  The Huskies team is mostly 2010s.  They are eligible for AA Minor due to the number of 2009s on the roster.

The Aviators submitted their 2 2010 teams as 1 and 2, the 2009 team is 3 and in group 3.

The foxes 2009 group largely left.

12 minutes ago, YardSale said:

14U group 2 is AA Minor.  The Huskies team is mostly 2010s.  They are eligible for AA Minor due to the number of 2009s on the roster.

The Aviators submitted their 2 2010 teams as 1 and 2, the 2009 team is 3 and in group 3.

Makes sense. Thanks.

So Foxes 2010 in AA Minor. Foxes 2009 in the third group, which if stands will translate to the first A Major division?

Edited by RJUSHL

7 hours ago, YardSale said:

This won't stick, foxes 09's (division 3) beat yetis (division 1) 6-1 in a scrimmage this weekend. 

6 hours ago, JohanHedberg1 said:

This won't stick, foxes 09's (division 3) beat yetis (division 1) 6-1 in a scrimmage this weekend. 

So the foxes (group 3) beat the yetis (group 5) 6-1. So may not stick is correct. Foxes may drop or yetis may move up a group depending on the following scrimmages 🤷

20 minutes ago, ice is cold said:

So the foxes (group 3) beat the yetis (group 5) 6-1. So may not stick is correct. Foxes may drop or yetis may move up a group depending on the following scrimmages 🤷

No it was the Foxes 09 (Group 3) beat the yetis (group 1)(Icemen team 2) 6-1. 

Foxes 09 up to AA and Yetis (Icemen team 2) down to A Major, IMO. 

Aviators 09 have a better shot at AA than Johnstown Warriors as well IMO

12 minutes ago, JohanHedberg1 said:

No it was the Foxes 09 (Group 3) beat the yetis (group 1)(Icemen team 2) 6-1. 

Foxes 09 up to AA and Yetis (Icemen team 2) down to A Major, IMO. 

Aviators 09 have a better shot at AA than Johnstown Warriors as well IMO

My bad. Had them backwards  I have not followed pahl for 6 years closely. But this year all I have heard from friends is it is a hit mess with placements. Maybe it's a new system. Lol 

1 minute ago, ice is cold said:

My bad. Had them backwards  I have not followed pahl for 6 years closely. But this year all I have heard from friends is it is a hit mess with placements. Maybe it's a new system. Lol 

It wasn’t a placement game, just a random scrimmage so it won’t count, but if it’s any indication of the results, then it would make sense