6:20 PM at Palmer Imaging Arena

Championship Game: Sunday, February 18th
     semifinal winner  vs  semifinal winner
          1:30 PM at Palmer Imaging Arena

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Pa Hockey said:

Purdue Northwest 11 IUP 3 

Wait, wait a minute. 

Purdue has an oblique directional school?…that has a hockey team?

Like, Purdue University…The Boilermakers, in Indiana…only with a twisted sub-directional name after it. 

I bet that when the locals heard that Indiana University of Pennsylvania was coming in, it really pissed off the Purdue alumni. They were probably thinking that Indiana University was able to conquer and establish a branch school in Pennsylvania. No wonder the lob sided score.

5 hours ago, Rewster said:

Wait, wait a minute. 

Purdue has an oblique directional school?…that has a hockey team?

Like, Purdue University…The Boilermakers, in Indiana…only with a twisted sub-directional name after it. 

I bet that when the locals heard that Indiana University of Pennsylvania was coming in, it really pissed off the Purdue alumni. They were probably thinking that Indiana University was able to conquer and establish a branch school in Pennsylvania. No wonder the lob sided score.

I don't think so, more so this exposes the weakness of the CHMA, when its best team by far goes to ACHA Nationals for the 2nd year in a row and gets beat handily. IUP has a lot of work to do with scheduling  recruiting and player development.

Pitt prepared for Nationals by leaving the CHMA, upgrading their schedule with National powers Ohio, Liberty, Niagara, Adrian, Rhode Island etc and did it with a mix of Tier 1 and Tier 2 players who played High School and Amateur Hockey mostly from Western Pa . Kudos to Stu, Jerry and the Pitt Program and good luck moving forward  

Edited by Pa Hockey
  • Like 2

While it's certainly a bad loss, I was shocked to see that Purdue Northwest was an 11 seed. I watched them earlier in the year and it's a legit team.

Not trying to excuse IUP as 11-3 shouldn't happen, but certainly a significantly tougher matchup that 11/22 should be.

Best of luck to Pitt today. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Edited by Icebucket

Pitt #20 beats Jamestown #4 [4-1]

They’ll see winner of UNLV #5 vs Missouri State #21 in the quarterfinals. If they see UNLV, it’ll be a rematch of last year when they were knocked out in the sweet 16.

2 hours ago, JerryTime said:

SVC got pummeled in game 1 of round robbin play for ACHA M3. Not sure how they made it in the first place, maybe conference autobid…

Ranked top 25 plus che REGULAR season champs, though it appears they did win the che playoffs. To be fair - LTU would beat the heck out of every chma team. 

• Like 1

The people that are in St Louis are thrilled. It's their first Nationals and that is always special and exciting. Huge for St Vincent and the Martz (father-son) coaching tandem. Big congratulations to their program

• Like 2
  • ROTF 1

17 hours ago, Pa Hockey said:

I don't think so, more so this exposes the weakness of the CHMA, when its best team by far goes to ACHA Nationals for the 2nd year in a row and gets beat handily. IUP has a lot of work to do with scheduling  recruiting and player development.

Pitt prepared for Nationals by leaving the CHMA, upgrading their schedule with National powers Ohio, Liberty, Niagara, Adrian, Rhode Island etc and did it with a mix of Tier 1 and Tier 2 players who played High School and Amateur Hockey mostly from Western Pa . Kudos to Stu, Jerry and the Pitt Program and good luck moving forward  

Yeah, I know. The CHMA conference sucks.

It was a rivalry joke between Purdue and Indiana. When you’re in western PA and say “Indiana” you have to preface that you’re talking about the state of Indiana, or Indiana University. Otherwise, most people assume that you’re referring to Indiana, PA. Which, was part of the obviously bad joke on my end.

Purdue University (Branch Campus) vs Indiana University (of Pennsylvania).

It would probably go over better in Indiana—I mean the state, not the town in PA.

4 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

You should have tried the the famous combo campus of IUPUI.

https://www.iupui.edu/index.html

Yes, I remember when I first learned about the joint school in Indianapolis. But, it looks like they are about to abruptly end the school. They still can’t get along, I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

https://fox59.com/news/indiana-university-and-purdue-officially-are-set-to-end-iupui-next-summer/#:~:text=IUPUI will officially end on,businesses and communities of Indianapolis.

• Holy Moly 1