PG Stellar 6 - 2024

While that is a wonderful list it is very sad that Keith Barnes does not recognize the co-op players! 

Ryan Saginaw and Gio Valentine were as good if not better than the Stellar 6!

It's not their fault that they play for teams that need to combine schools to form a team.  I would say that what they accomplished in some ways was tougher than what the Stellar 6 accomplished!  

Anyone ever ask Barnes why he doesn't even consider D-2!

• Like 1
  • 100 1

20 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

While that is a wonderful list it is very sad that Keith Barnes does not recognize the co-op players! 

Ryan Saginaw and Gio Valentine were as good if not better than the Stellar 6!

It's not their fault that they play for teams that need to combine schools to form a team.  I would say that what they accomplished in some ways was tougher than what the Stellar 6 accomplished!  

Anyone ever ask Barnes why he doesn't even consider D-2!

I have been a part of picking the Stellar 6 for almost 30 years and its great that the PG recognizes these players ............do me a favor and congratulate these great kids . D-2 gets plenty of publicity 

7 hours ago, Pa Hockey said:

I have been a part of picking the Stellar 6 for almost 30 years and its great that the PG recognizes these players ............do me a favor and congratulate these great kids . D-2 gets plenty of publicity 

Where does D-2 get plenty of publicity? Has there ever been a D-2 player recognized in your Stellar 6?  You didn't even include them in your rankings and Keith Barnes didn't include them in his previews or articles on the championship previews.  Where is there any mention of D-2 in your history of PA high school hockey book? 

And didn't I say that was a wonderful list.  Why don't you congratulate the player that led all of the PIHL in scoring?  He can't make your Stellar 6?  Whats the criteria for inclusion?

• Like 1
  • 100 2

He's a fantastic player, but over 40% of his points came in games against the bottom 4 teams in D2.  Teams that would struggle to beat or even compete with good Tier 1 and Tier 2 JV teams.  

It actually kind of makes you question the BC coach. At some point you have to have a little bit of an understanding how wide spread the level of ability at the D2 level is. Do you really need to have your top line racking up points late in the 3rd when you are already up by 13?

• 100 1

33 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Where does D-2 get plenty of publicity? Has there ever been a D-2 player recognized in your Stellar 6?  You didn't even include them in your rankings and Keith Barnes didn't include them in his previews or articles on the championship previews.  Where is there any mention of D-2 in your history of PA high school hockey book? 

And didn't I say that was a wonderful list.  Why don't you congratulate the player that led all of the PIHL in scoring?  He can't make your Stellar 6?  Whats the criteria for inclusion?

Congrats, you lead what's the equivalent of house league in western PA High School Hockey. The state doesn't even recognize D-2, that's why there isn't a state championship for it. He is a good player but beating up on a bunch of low level kids doesn't make him "Stellar". Seems like he disappears in big/close games.  1 goal per game (which is still nice) in 9 games that they lost or won by 3 or less. Then  43 in 11 games he played where they beat teams by 4 or more goals.

6 minutes ago, stickboy said:

BC has a reputation for running their top dogs in blow out games to pad their stats. 

Just now, Overqualified said:

It's sucks to suck

Just get better 

More kids from D2 have been drafted or moved on to the next level than any other division 

Do your homework 

Burrell/Carrick/Bishop Canevin/Ringgold/Neshannock 

1 minute ago, Overqualified said:

More kids from D2 have been drafted or moved on to the next level than any other division 

Do your homework 

Burrell/Carrick/Bishop Canevin/Ringgold/Neshannock 

There was a kid who was a stellar 6 2 years in a row

Couldn't make his club team

2 hours ago, sample39 said:

He's a fantastic player, but over 40% of his points came in games against the bottom 4 teams in D2.  Teams that would struggle to beat or even compete with good Tier 1 and Tier 2 JV teams.  

I don't want to make a case for the D2 kids because I haven't seen them in person, but it appears the Stellar 6 Player from the A Blue division also got nearly half of his points against some really awful bottom 5 teams. And quite honestly the other half of his points came against the playoff teams in that blue division. And if the playoffs showed us anything it's that other that CV, the rest of that division was also pretty bad. Is he a good player? Maybe. But he probably only gets a fraction of those stats if he played against the likes of QV, Shaler, Indiana, GB, Meadville, NC all season. Not taking anything away from the young man, he led the team to the Pens Cup, Undefeated Season, Freshman and all that, but it's the same situation.

• 100 1

2 minutes ago, zam said:

I don't want to make a case for the D2 kids because I haven't seen them in person, but it appears the Stellar 6 Player from the A Blue division also got nearly half of his points against some really awful bottom 5 teams. And quite honestly the other half of his points came against the playoff teams in that blue division. And if the playoffs showed us anything it's that other that CV, the rest of that division was also pretty bad. Is he a good player? Maybe. But he probably only gets a fraction of those stats if he played against the likes of QV, Shaler, Indiana, GB, Meadville, NC all season. Not taking anything away from the young man, he led the team to the Pens Cup, Undefeated Season, Freshman and all that, but it's the same situation.

BC beat Cv this year

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zam said:

This doesn't make a case for the D2 player at all. 1 is a Freshman playing a division higher and the other is a Senior playing a division lower. 1 took his team to States and the other disappeared and fizzled out in the 2nd round. Weak division or not CV swept the playoffs playing 3 team from the so called "better " division.

11 hours ago, Icebucket said:

It actually kind of makes you question the BC coach. At some point you have to have a little bit of an understanding how wide spread the level of ability at the D2 level is. Do you really need to have your top line racking up points late in the 3rd when you are already up by 13?

That coach s terrible he should sit his seniors in the 3rd period in there last year of high school hockey or have them pass 5 times before shooting you must watch CNBC!

3 loses in 3 years and went to Nationals 3 years in a row

Who would want there kid to experience that

1 hour ago, Overqualified said:

That coach s terrible he should sit his seniors in the 3rd period in there last year of high school hockey or have them pass 5 times before shooting you must watch CNBC!

3 loses in 3 years and went to Nationals 3 years in a row

Who would want there kid to experience that

Went to nationals... it's not like that's an earned spot at the HS level

• Like 2

And to go a step further since you love he coach so much. He's a coach who can run it up against bad teams, but can't coach well enough to win tough games when it matters. "3 losses in 3 years", but zero championships

• Like 2