Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

GET MY LAPTOP JANET AND DAMNIT MICHEAL GET ME A DICTIONARY, these lack of self aware responses aren’t going to write themselves. 

Jermaine, you better start producing goals boy. Repeat after me I AM UNIQUE (smack) I AM UNIQUE (smack). 

 

 

 

Edited by Rico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rico,

Reading your last couple responses indicates to me you’re the one having some mental difficulty with people sharing their thoughts.  

That someone posts about squirts shouldn’t be viewed as a sign that person thinks their child is the next Crosby.  Maybe consider a more reasonable line of thinking, that it’s just people having some fun on a message board.  Especially since you seem to post a good bit...or maybe you can start a new chat and tell everyone how you developed your child into a NHL player. 

It’s not the end of the world if a couple people want to discuss and debate their org or team against others.  It’s been a very common topic on this board and when talking with parents and one you’ve probably had many times yourself.   

If it’s silly to have that discussion for squirts then it’s silly to have it for every amateur level until they pay your kid to play.  

FYI, I’m not some made up account for Anomily.  Just a periodic visitor to the site who decided to weigh in on this one.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 8:25 PM, Saucey said:

I get annoyed with the 'Squirt' talk because parents who are this into their kids' games before the child is done with Santa are on the road to killing the sport for their kids. I don't see parents of older kids doing this, I don't remember seeing this level of obsession when my kids were younger and the advice I see posted here from those who have been around is, sit back, enjoy the ride, let the kids enjoy it. The only people who should be dissecting any youth game the way this post was doing it is a coach, and God bless if they have the time.

I have witnessed an inordinate amount of crazy coming from the stands of Squirt games this season, no matter who is playing. Really horrible behavior. Happens at every level, but seems most egregious with the newbies. I am glad you are into it, hockey is so much fun, but be careful you don't suck the fun right out for your kid or you will see your kid exit quick. This behavior isn't healthy for the kids or the sport.

Talk about the sport all you want, but don't obsess. Don't dissect one game like it was an NHL game because you want your kids' team to be the best in the area. Why does that matter? At nine and ten, you have a lot of hockey ahead of you, assuming your kid continues to want to play.

I have seen first hand what happens to the kids of the parents who treat their games like they are going on a talk radio show. Passion dies, and the child moves on. 

I don’t see anyone on this thread stating their kid is making any show, do you?  If you don’t like the squirt talk and you’ve lived it, maybe it’s time to move on and let these folks gain their own experiences.  No one is asking you to read or respond to any of this.  Happy posting.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Big Earn said:

I don’t see anyone on this thread stating their kid is making any show, do you?  If you don’t like the squirt talk and you’ve lived it, maybe it’s time to move on and let these folks gain their own experiences.  No one is asking you to read or respond to any of this.  Happy posting.....

Such a rude response when I was answering a question posed by someone else. If you don't like my response, you can also choose to disregard. Also, I didn't talk about people feeling like their kid is going to the show, so you must have meant to direct that comment to someone else. 

I commented and care because I see what is happening in the stands with over involved parents and I want to see the sport grow. Watch people scream at refs and taunt kids. Pick fights with other parents. It's ridiculous. 

Listen, I am not saying anything different than what USA Hockey says. Let your kid play the game. Let your coach do the coaching. 

Maybe what you really meant Big Earn is that I shouldn't waste my time because people won't quit what they are doing. Let them learn the hard way. I guess I hope that someone might be interested in skipping the hard way and not dismiss what I have seen out of hand. Pause and look at what they are doing, how it might look to others or the kids. I am not trying to be holier than thou as others have intimated. I want families to stay in the sport. I have seen if a parent is too involved, that back fires with the kid.

Perhaps because the discourse on this board is frequently condescending and offensive, that is another reason this type of advice is ignored. I probably have been guilty of being condescending. My hard eyeroll comes through I am sure. I will work on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, G.O.A.T. said:

If it’s silly to have that discussion for squirts then it’s silly to have it for every amateur level until they pay your kid to play.  

This comment here sums it all up.  Well done G.O.A.T.  You confirmed all that I have said about the anabolic hockey dads out there.  Read the entire thread and start at the beginning - you will then see how this discussion has evolved from simple talk about a U10 game to where it is now, that of idiotic proportions.  

I hear there is a killer U6 game at UPMC this weekend.  They cannot tie their own skates yet and just got out of diapers, but the kids are as fast as the wind.........I assume you will be there scouting talent?  

LOL

Edited by fafa fohi
just because
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean that is definitely within the realm of possibilities. That is the home of the ELITE Mites. That model and name is where 75% or more of the seeds of delusion are planted.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saucey said:

Such a rude response when I was answering a question posed by someone else. If you don't like my response, you can also choose to disregard. Also, I didn't talk about people feeling like their kid is going to the show, so you must have meant to direct that comment to someone else. 

I commented and care because I see what is happening in the stands with over involved parents and I want to see the sport grow. Watch people scream at refs and taunt kids. Pick fights with other parents. It's ridiculous. 

Listen, I am not saying anything different than what USA Hockey says. Let your kid play the game. Let your coach do the coaching. 

Maybe what you really meant Big Earn is that I shouldn't waste my time because people won't quit what they are doing. Let them learn the hard way. I guess I hope that someone might be interested in skipping the hard way and not dismiss what I have seen out of hand. Pause and look at what they are doing, how it might look to others or the kids. I am not trying to be holier than thou as others have intimated. I want families to stay in the sport. I have seen if a parent is too involved, that back fires with the kid.

Perhaps because the discourse on this board is frequently condescending and offensive, that is another reason this type of advice is ignored. I probably have been guilty of being condescending. My hard eyeroll comes through I am sure. I will work on that.

Again, you suggest parents being hard/critical of their kids, refs, and staff.  The stands I sit in, I don’t see this.  Like I said, your experiences are different from everyone on this board, at least most.  My response comes because I sit here reading advice from you and a few others who are suggesting you have all the answers, and the rest of us know nothing.  Call it arrogant, condescending, or whatever you’d like.  Again, it appears we can go at this for years, I’m just suggesting that you and the other geniuses on this board don’t have all the answers, and your experiences are not going to be the same as others, much like life, which it appears some may need to look to obtain one.  ✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Earn said:

Again, you suggest parents being hard/critical of their kids, refs, and staff.  The stands I sit in, I don’t see this.  Like I said, your experiences are different from everyone on this board, at least most.  My response comes because I sit here reading advice from you and a few others who are suggesting you have all the answers, and the rest of us know nothing.  Call it arrogant, condescending, or whatever you’d like.  Again, it appears we can go at this for years, I’m just suggesting that you and the other geniuses on this board don’t have all the answers, and your experiences are not going to be the same as others, much like life, which it appears some may need to look to obtain one.  ✌️

😄 I don't have all the answers, youth hockey, youth sports in general are a mess. Glad my kids age out soon.

Get a life? I'm not the one taking the time to dissect a youth sports game on a public forum to try and convince someone from the other team that my kid's team is better than their kid's team. 

Look, you want to do it, you found a soulmate. PM him. No one is stopping you from having the discussion. You want to do it on a public forum, well...someone might make fun of you.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Saucey said:

😄 I don't have all the answers, youth hockey, youth sports in general are a mess. Glad my kids age out soon.

Get a life? I'm not the one taking the time to dissect a youth sports game on a public forum to try and convince someone from the other team that my kid's team is better than their kid's team. 

Look, you want to do it, you found a soulmate. PM him. No one is stopping you from having the discussion. You want to do it on a public forum, well...someone might make fun of you.

You got it pal, I hope you get the most likes for today and win the public forum trophy.  Good luck. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Has anyone seen or heard from Rico? I guess his daddy told him to STFU?

Institutionalized

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you even talking about.. weirdo..

I haven’t posted in this thread because I’m done with the lack of reading comprehension amongst some people here. I’ve repeatedly said that the squirt talk is cool. 

I just pointed out the delusion, in which these Dad’s (and some mother’s) think their kid is “special” due to being the “best” in mites, squirts etc. People get sensitive when they’re told that nothing is guaranteed until you see what puberty and checking result in. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Any big squirt games this weekend?

No, but I hear many of the anabolic dads on this thread are attending a heated contest between super talented U-6's this weekend.  

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

No, but I hear many of the anabolic dads on this thread are attending a heated contest between super talented U-6's this weekend.  

U-6ers elite I bet

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×