Vengeance/SCIR - where do you draw the line?

That whole situation is confusing to me. Why do the Vengeance youth (squirt-bantam) teams exist? Why not just make SCIR the "feeder" program into the Vengeance junior team? I'm not knocking it, because I don't know much about those programs. Whats the difference between the Vengeance youth teams and SCIR PAHL teams? 

5 minutes ago, forbin said:

That whole situation is confusing to me. Why do the Vengeance youth (squirt-bantam) teams exist? Why not just make SCIR the "feeder" program into the Vengeance junior team? I'm not knocking it, because I don't know much about those programs. Whats the difference between the Vengeance youth teams and SCIR PAHL teams? 

I believe the Vengeance  teams are all considered AAA They play independant schedules.  SCIR has no AAA teams.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Are they age group?  I know they bring kids in and have Billet families. Is it the same as Esmark?  Do the kids have to pay to play for the "junior" team?

Tier 3 juniors is pay to play. The EHL is a decent league, everything else not so much. The level of play is pretty weak. 16/18U AAA is higher quality hockey.  The 19 & 20 year olds playing on the vengeance are probably on the same level as the kids playing 18U AAA at a place like the predators, but the kids at the vengeance are older. Take a look at last years vengeance roster on elite prospects, that will paint the picture for you. 

don't the Vengeance AAA Minor BY teams play in PAHL as SCIR Major BY AA? i'm thinking this is what is meant as interaction. I would find it hard to believe they would be so stupid as to co-mingle profit and non profit entities, but i have no insider knowledge of their book keeping. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

Yeah, like when a Renegades team rolls into a PAHL game with SCIR jerseys/shells/socks but all the kids have red helmets on.  Pretty sure that red isn't in the SCIR color scheme.  Is SCIR used as a fundraiser for the red helmet crew?

You don't know what you are talking about.  V teams are littered with kids from other PAHL teams and this years teams include many PPE Black players that landed there after those teams were disbanded.

19 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

I saw it with my own eyes but I don't know what I'm talking about.

And I quote - "Yeah, like when a Renegades team rolls into a PAHL game with SCIR jerseys/shells/socks but all the kids have red helmets on.  Pretty sure that red isn't in the SCIR color scheme.  Is SCIR used as a fundraiser for the red helmet crew?"

So what are you saying?  Are you agreeing with the commenter that said V teams are being supported by SCIR players?  Because if you are, that is a contradiction to what you said that SCIR teams have players wearing red helmets, meaning former V players are now on SCIR rosters.  

In reality, have players from other organizations displaced former V players based on say, that thing they call tryouts so that is why so many red helmets are now on SCIR teams?  And isn't that the way it is supposed to be? 

And when you say "all" of the kids have red helmets on, do you mean 1,2,5 or all meaning a sea of red buckets?  

16 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

Whole team.  Red buckets & blue jerseys.  

So if what you say is true, then former V players are supporting SCIR teams and not the other way around.  And it appears the V organization is not rolling teams over every year and instead, is showing players not from the organization can make their teams based on what occurs at tryouts.  Sounds OK to me.

BTW, what SCIR level team is entirely made up of former V players?

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

So if what you say is true, then former V players are supporting SCIR teams and not the other way around.  And it appears the V organization is not rolling teams over every year and instead, is showing players not from the organization can make their teams based on what occurs at tryouts.  Sounds OK to me.

BTW, what SCIR level team is entirely made up of former V players?

Squirt minor AA SCIR team last year was the Vengeance 2010 team and 09 before that and 08 before that. I believe that's how they sell their program - play a pahl and aaa schedule. 

I do not believe the 08s played peewee pahl last year and I don't believe the 09s are this year so it might just be a squirt thing. 

4 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Squirt minor AA SCIR team last year was the Vengeance 2010 team and 09 before that and 08 before that. I believe that's how they sell their program - play a pahl and aaa schedule. 

I do not believe the 08s played peewee pahl last year and I don't believe the 09s are this year so it might just be a squirt thing. 

So are the Vengeance youth teams essentially double rostered as SCIR AA teams? So a PAHL AA + "AAA" independent schedule?

Sounds similar to the Viper Stars concept?

Sorry if I'm spouting off nonsense, I know nothing about these organizations, but this is intriguing to me.