Initial PAHL Placements

4 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

50 might be a far stretch. probably enough for 2-3 teams 

I think it's interesting how there's about twice as many "AA" players at 16u than there is Group 1? And more teams in AA than any other group. Doesn't it seem like that should be opposite? 😂

Edited by nemesis8679

No way 12 teams end up in 16u AA.  My guess is the following based on what I've heard of team makeup from other folks.

Allegheny, Lebo, NP, Steel City, Rebellion all get one team in.

Huskies, Indiana, Armstrong, Shaha, Preds...at least 2 of these teams will be on the outside looking in.

Maybe I'm way off base, it's just my opinion.  

27 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

No way 12 teams end up in 16u AA.  My guess is the following based on what I've heard of team makeup from other folks.

Huskies, Indiana, Armstrong, Shaha, Preds...at least 2 of these teams will be on the outside looking in.

I bet it stays. There would be a lot of sourpusses otherwise. If any of them do get moved down I wonder if they'll just drop their PAHL schedule and just play independent (would that even be allowed after they already signed up or paid?). 

If it does stay how it is, I think a few teams will be in for a long season and will reap the results of what they've sown. Would make more sense, I think, to at least have a minor and a major grouping. 

Edited by nemesis8679
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

How many Huskies teams are there? Just the ones on the PAHL list or are any playing independent?

29 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

shocked press even have a team in AA.  their AA team for u18 was very weak last year 

I actually think their u18 team should be one of the better teams in PAHL this season. If I had to guess today I would think the top 4 will be SCIR, Preds, NP, and Armstrong 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

That's a first for them. Since their inception, they had only ever been known as the final home for malcontents. Now, the malcontents are so many they just migrate from place to place like the Nomads.

They go to the Aviators now 😂

Edited by kid310050
  • 100 1

22 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Supposedly PIA still only has one sheet running currently. So, it's Esmark, Huskies, School teams and whatever else they offer.

So they bought the rink and dropped it to one sheet?  Or is there a maintenance reason it's down to one? 

Some of those 16U AA teams are not in that top bracket because of arrogance.  I know some of the coaches, and they are doing the "are we A Major Black or AA" dance, and letting the scrimmage and placement results figure that out for them.  They've been playing teams in the lower brackets for a feel, and have been honest about that.  I know one of the teams in the "AA" bracket lost to a team in the second bracket by three goals this past week, and they were cool/genuine about it.

On the flip side of that coin, I see some teams in lower brackets who sold themselves as AA programs during the tryout season.  Now THAT'S something I have a problem with.  If you sell yourself as an A Major team, and are wondering if you might be AA, great.  If you sell yourself as a AA team, then go A Major... that's just crappy.

On 9/3/2023 at 5:24 PM, Ihearthockey said:

See some 16U scores rolling in...I assume group 1?

Indiana 1 to 0 win over SCIR

SP 3 to 1 win over Lebo

Huskies 5 to 4 over Preds

Interesting results

Any other games?

Why can't the PAHL post them?  Are they afraid to hurt some teams feelings?  It's ashamed that you had to go hunt for them!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...