1st Rankings Release

23 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

If you take out Pens elite in every one of these brackets, and Pens elite and Esmark in 18U, looks like you would have some pretty competitive local hockey.  Especially at 16U and 14U.  Also in general tiers don't seem to matter.  Sorry - had to use my lunch break.  

aapahl.png.fce040179d7872e0ccb0e365dd4b61f3.png

Been saying that for years.  Would be a great league of 6-8 teams.  Because of egos I don't think it would ever happen. They are all pretty close.  Call it the PHF (Pittsburgh Hockey Federation).  It will never happen.  

• Like 1

2009 is an extremely strong BY in the area. Six teams in the top 100. I'm guessing that's never happened before. May be the strongest and deepest BY ever to come out of Pittsburgh.

09 Icemen have a legit shot at a Tier II national championship. Looks like right now they are actually #1 in the national Tier 2 rankings.

Edited by RJUSHL

1 hour ago, RJUSHL said:

2009 is an extremely strong BY in the area. Six teams in the top 100. I'm guessing that's never happened before. May be the strongest and deepest BY ever to come out of Pittsburgh.

09 Icemen have a legit shot at a Tier II national championship. Looks like right now they are actually #1 in the national Tier 2 rankings.

2009 the strongest and deepest birth year out of Pittsburgh, 😂😂😂😂😂 said no one EVER.

Thare are 4 Pittsburgh teams in the top 100 of Tier 1 (6 if you count Midams district).

The 2008's have 6 in the top 103 of Tier 1 and 10 if you count Midams district.

3 in 06 and 4 in 10

14 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

2009 the strongest and deepest birth year out of Pittsburgh, 😂😂😂😂😂 said no one EVER.

Thare are 4 Pittsburgh teams in the top 100 of Tier 1 (6 if you count Midams district).

The 2008's have 6 in the top 103 of Tier 1 and 10 if you count Midams district.

3 in 06 and 4 in 10

Your math is strange. 09s have two Tier II teams well inside the top 100 of the combined rankings. Those are better teams than those very low-end Tier I 08 teams you mentioned.

How many local 08 kids made the national camp this summer? I think five? That's pretty good, but there will be more 09s. 09s are deeper.

I think arguments could be made for a few different BYs. But in terms of depth, hockey in Pittsburgh is absolutely getting better with each passing year. I know all the cynical, depressed, and downer type people never like to admit when anything is good or positive.

31 minutes ago, RJUSHL said:

I think arguments could be made for a few different BYs. But in terms of depth, hockey in Pittsburgh is absolutely getting better with each passing year. I know all the cynical, depressed, and downer type people never like to admit when anything is good or positive.

Wow, one of the first positive comments I have heard here!  What do you attribute it to?

15-16-18 (I suppose the years that matter, not so sure about 18’s anymore) 

it appears nothing has changed over the last 10-12 years. The predators “AAA” program continues to be a joke. Season is over before it started.  Keep paying King Ralph & Gary. Mid level AA hockey at best. 

with all that said the final ending for 99.9% of all these players will be the acha IF they can make a club a team, continue to play as “adults”. 

Edited by Danner27
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

15-16-18 (I suppose the years that matter, not so sure about 18’s anymore) 

it appears nothing has changed over the last 10-12 years. The predators “AAA” program continues to be a joke. Season is over before it started.  Keep paying King Ralph & Gary. Mid level AA hockey at best. 

with all that said the final ending for 99.9% of all these players will be the acha IF they can make a club a team, continue to play as “adults”. 

Danner - Alot of these kids are getting cut by Pitt and IUP and may end up in D3 ACHA...............Time to launcn Slippery Rock in 24 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Yep. And acha gets harder to play as the dreamers who played Tier III juniors take all the spots on the high level club teams  I really don't think that is a good way to spend money. 

2 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

Your math is strange. 09s have two Tier II teams well inside the top 100 of the combined rankings. Those are better teams than those very low-end Tier I 08 teams you mentioned.

How many local 08 kids made the national camp this summer? I think five? That's pretty good, but there will be more 09s. 09s are deeper.

I said Tier 1, so apparently your reading comprehension is strange 🤔.

To answer your next question 12 of the 15 available spots from Midams for the National Camp were taken by local kids not 5.

Also 11 of the 25 available spots from Midams for the Multi District camp were local kids.

Just now, hockeyisgreat said:

I'm glad you guys are all so concerned about how people spend their money!  Maybe you al should run for office and fix this country!

Maybe I think it would have been nice for my good hockey player child to play club. Hard to compete as a 18 year old against 20 somethings who have played all day every day for years. Until you actually know something more about hockey than what you see from watching your little guys, hush.

23 minutes ago, Saucey said:

Maybe I think it would have been nice for my good hockey player child to play club. Hard to compete as a 18 year old against 20 somethings who have played all day every day for years. Until you actually know something more about hockey than what you see from watching your little guys, hush.

I am here to learn from people who have been through it!  I'm glad you share your insights but most everyone here gives no hope of playing Juniors let alone high level ACHA now!  But then again how many kids get D-1 Basketball and Football scholarships from WPA?  Did your good hockey player child have fun playing hockey? Would he do it again?

6 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I am here to learn from people who have been through it!  

Cool, cool. Do that, for sure. But you also seem to have an unrelenting desire to chide people for being negative, by your definition. You don't have anything to add to the conversation other than.....be positive! As nd a bunch of exclamation points.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saucey said:

Cool, cool. Do that, for sure. But you also seem to have an unrelenting desire to chide people for being negative, by your definition. You don't have anything to add to the conversation other than.....be positive! As nd a bunch of exclamation points.

I asked you specific questions! You chide (nice word) me for being positive! I give up!!!!!!!!!  Enough exclamation points?

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I asked you specific questions! You chide (nice word) me for being positive! I give up!!!!!!!!!  Enough exclamation points?

But....I don't have positive things to say! So why bother responding when you will bemoan that I am so negative!

He loved his hockey experience. No regrets there 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pa Hockey said:

Danner - Alot of these kids are getting cut by Pitt and IUP and may end up in D3 ACHA...............Time to launcn Slippery Rock in 24 

Still surpised the rock is not back. I know you love the CHMA but I’ve seen Michigan m3 teams that would roll right through the chma m1. We both agree, club hockey is much harder to make these days - a lot of these kids won’t make a local college club team. 

The MHR rankings are meaningless at this time, as everyone knows. It's silly to be discussing them. But just as a nod to how this board slants towards girls hockey, the Steel City Selects 16U team is #1 right now in Tier 2 Tournament Bound. Pens Elite Girls 19U is #14 in Tier 1 Tournament Bound,  Pens Elite Girls 16U is #3 in Tier 1, Pens Elite 14U are #11 in Tier 1, 

Again, these rankings are meaningless at this time. I specifically doubt that the Steel City Selects will be anywhere near that high in three weeks. Having said that, as long as we are talking about local teams in the rankings, it seems only fair to mention the local girls teams, too.

• Like 4