Mt Lebo rink?

26 minutes ago, ANKLEBENDER said:

a month?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Is this becase its public and not privately owned? ..and they have to go through red taope to get the funds approved to do the repairs?

I believe it is hard to get parts in.  Didn’t PIA have a similar issue and were down for some time?

Wow, time to scramble for Ice time.  I'm sure they are calling around to all the rinks to find out who has time.  Early morning!  Late night.  Should be a good thing for all the Black Bear rinks that have extra time available.  If I were rinks with time available I would be calling everyone that plays and practices out of Mt Lebo!

Shadyside has plenty of ice time available. I've heard that when the rink was built there was very little to no perpetual fund to keep it maintained, and now they have opened it up periodically to rent for outside use. Maybe a possible option if they need to reschedule a handful of games?

Edited by nemesis8679
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

I don't think it's a single solution problem, what they meant was they got out in front very quickly to minimize the issues. As is always the case, hockey folks and Pittsburgh folks are usually quite formidable when it comes to helping out neighbors in need.

What is appalling is the lack of visibility from the league announcing there was an issue to the associations in a formalized manner.  So far it has all still been rumor and hearsay of people finding out.

That's false statement in regards to the PAHL.

Not sure about the PIHL.

We do want to acknowledge that there are some mechanical issues at the Mt Lebanon Ice Center, affecting the potential availability of their ice for the near future.  But the Hornets organization has acted quickly and effectively in response to the unexpected disruption, and their swift actions should contain the overall impact to a relatively minimal level across our league.  The cooperation of opponents is necessary for full success, and there is not expected to be an issue that prevents any of the Hornets teams from honoring all of their PAHL games.  There is still work to be done to see that through, but please do not believe any rumors to the contrary.  Thank you to all of those at MLHA for the extra time and effort!

4 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

That's false statement in regards to the PAHL.

Not sure about the PIHL.

We do want to acknowledge that there are some mechanical issues at the Mt Lebanon Ice Center, affecting the potential availability of their ice for the near future.  But the Hornets organization has acted quickly and effectively in response to the unexpected disruption, and their swift actions should contain the overall impact to a relatively minimal level across our league.  The cooperation of opponents is necessary for full success, and there is not expected to be an issue that prevents any of the Hornets teams from honoring all of their PAHL games.  There is still work to be done to see that through, but please do not believe any rumors to the contrary.  Thank you to all of those at MLHA for the extra time and effort!

Would be nice if PAHL gave just a little info. I don't expect a detailed plan, but something like:

MLHA acted quickly and will be utilizing rinks A, B, or C to fill in gaps in the schedule.

Right now noone knows what to expect or where they might have to travel to

9 hours ago, Icebucket said:

Would be nice if PAHL gave just a little info. I don't expect a detailed plan, but something like:

MLHA acted quickly and will be utilizing rinks A, B, or C to fill in gaps in the schedule.

Right now noone knows what to expect or where they might have to travel to

I believe that it’s team-by-team basis. There’d be too many teams from each division and where they’re playing each of their home games to list it in any definitive format.

Plus, there’s the option from the other (away) team that can veto any of the proposed time slots and/or venues. Obviously, all of the available prime slots have been booked for a long time in the region. Say you can get a 7:00am, or a 9:30 pm slot available on a Sunday in Harmarville and your opponent is Wheeling, Westmoreland, or even SHAHA…they should have the option of inquiring with their players and families about their reasonable willingness and availability to adjust their schedules in order to accommodate. I understand that it should be customary to be adaptable to such situations. But, there will be those teams and families who were anticipating/planning for zero modifications of the schedule for PAHL (or independent games) once the schedule came out. If it can’t be universally agreed upon; then what?

It’s my understanding that the last minute venue changes should properly be offered and agreed upon by the “away” teams…even though both teams will unfortunately be “away” teams. Those two aforementioned situations are probably why we won’t see anything published definitive about the schedules. Too many teams with too many variables.

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueRockstar said:

Keep in mind it's youth sports were talking about.

Which is a huge revenue business:

“A $19.2 billion market in the US means the youth sports market rivals the size of the $15 billion NFL,” says a December 2019 report from Dublin’s GlobeNewswire. Totaling $24.9 billion at that point, worldwide youth sports markets “are expected to reach $77.6 billion by 2026.”1

https://onlinesportmanagement.ku.edu/community/commercialization-of-youth-sports#:~:text=“A %2419.2 billion market in,reach %2477.6 billion by 2026.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/latest-global-youth-sports-market-153000303.html

• 100 1

• 3 weeks later...