Random drug testing for coaches/ assistant coaches?

Organizations have random drug testing policies in place for all coaches/ assistant coaches, right?

Or does that fall under the USA Hockey umbrella?  I recall seeing something on SafeSport when I was poking around about testing of athletes suspected of drug use, but my question is more along the lines of random testing for coaches, like a pre-employment drug test or random testing from time to time for some professions involved with public safety.  

Just curious.  

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Cowbell said:

Organizations have random drug testing policies in place for all coaches/ assistant coaches, right?

Or does that fall under the USA Hockey umbrella?  I recall seeing something on SafeSport when I was poking around about testing of athletes suspected of drug use, but my question is more along the lines of random testing for coaches, like a pre-employment drug test or random testing from time to time for some professions involved with public safety.  

Just curious.  

Ive never heard of it on the local level happening. 

I've been around hockey a while, but have never coached youth hockey. However, never heard of any kind of drug testing. Safesport training, yes. Drugs/alcohol, no.

There was a case a few years back where a Bethel Park High School assistant coach had some issues with drugs, but I believe his trouble came to light when he was arrested.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/01/17/hockey-coachs-arrest-raising-questions-for-pa-interscholastic-hockey-league/

4 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

This person seems like someone who definitely has an axe to grind. Just appears the other day and now is trying to cause a shit storm on a public forum instead of just doing what any normal person would do and that's file the report. If in fact there is actually a report to file.

FIle a report on WHAT?

17 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

This person seems like someone who definitely has an axe to grind. Just appears the other day and now is trying to cause a shit storm on a public forum instead of just doing what any normal person would do and that's file the report. If in fact there is actually a report to file.

His kids coach probably showed up to practice smelling like weed and he absolutely wont tolerate that nonsense!