Cost of SCIR/Vengeance Tier 2 Tuition?

1 hour ago, forbin said:

$4k tuition for a PAHL team….yikes

That is utterly insane. The market will not bear that kind of price hike for nothing more than a color scheme and name change.

What are they getting that would justify that absurdity? A team bus? A new sauna and jacuzzi? It’s gotta be more than just 2-3 additional private locker rooms.

“How about…for the low-low Tier 2 hockey fee price of $4,500…we will do the unthinkable…we will create, and implement, the plan for the formation of—‘A’ team within ‘THE’ team.’  

This could be ground-breaking stuff, if true.

This obviously ain’t your run-of-the-mill, grand-daddy inspired, hodgepodge of random equipment-wearing, players that we’re accustomed to seeing in the PAHL.

6 hours ago, Icebucket said:

I have no confirmation that this price is true, but it does seem like a very vengeance thing to do. That whole alpha group is very well known for always choosing money over integrity.

They did have a Head Coach wearing an ankle monitor this season. I think that proves your point  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Holy Moly 1

14 minutes ago, kid310050 said:

He doesn't run the entire arena he is the VP of the Tier 1 organization

Oh Man! You aren't disputing this guys legal troubles, just disputing his job title?

An ankle bracelet sounds like more than an unpaid parking ticket... Was he even able to travel with the team?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, zam said:

Oh Man! You aren't disputing this guys legal troubles, just disputing his job title?

An ankle bracelet sounds like more than an unpaid parking ticket... Was he even able to travel with the team?

No idea actually he just doesn't run the rink is all I know. Never heard a good thing about him though. 

16 hours ago, forbin said:

$4k tuition for a PAHL team….yikes

It is typically based on ice time and the amount of tournaments the team plays.  Typically a PAHL team plays in four tournaments - two home and two away but could be more.  Add the amount of practice ice slots and 20 PAHL games along with any independent games scheduled.  Then do the math.  If a PAHL team is playing 55+ games plus 1-2 practice slots a week it is not unreasonable for a $3,500-4K spend.  Also look to see if the practice slots are shared or full ice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

It is typically based on ice time and the amount of tournaments the team plays.  Typically a PAHL team plays in four tournaments - two home and two away but could be more.  Add the amount of practice ice slots and 20 PAHL games along with any independent games scheduled.  Then do the math.  If a PAHL team is playing 55+ games plus 1-2 practice slots a week it is not unreasonable for a $3,500-4K spend.  Also look to see if the practice slots are shared or full ice.

And for most of PAHL organizations I've looked at, their advertised costs disclose that the numbers of tournaments played are decided by the individual teams and the costs for those are extra.  The advertised price generally just covers practice and the PAHL schedule.  

This is directly from the Renegades/Tier 2 Vengeance Website, so they are anticipating close to 55 games I would guess its all based on the coach and the teams commitment level as to the exact number of games that get played. 

• Team will include top talent from the 2011 birth year
  • Includes 6-8 summer skills sessions
  • Includes 2 weekday practices (+weekends when available, 75-80 practice throughout season)
  • Includes weekly workouts or yoga sessions (28-32 throughout season)
  • Includes bi-weekly off-ice coaching sessions (20-25 throughout season)
  • 4-5 tournaments/showcases (may require overnight travel, tournament budget included)
  • Includes 8-12 independent games (may require overnight travel)
  • 45 - 55 games in total
  • Team will participate in PAHL 13U AA

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, kid310050 said:

This is directly from the Renegades/Tier 2 Vengeance Website, so they are anticipating close to 55 games I would guess its all based on the coach and the teams commitment level as to the exact number of games that get played. 

• Team will include top talent from the 2011 birth year
  • Includes 6-8 summer skills sessions
  • Includes 2 weekday practices (+weekends when available, 75-80 practice throughout season)
  • Includes weekly workouts or yoga sessions (28-32 throughout season)
  • Includes bi-weekly off-ice coaching sessions (20-25 throughout season)
  • 4-5 tournaments/showcases (may require overnight travel, tournament budget included)
  • Includes 8-12 independent games (may require overnight travel)
  • 45 - 55 games in total
  • Team will participate in PAHL 13U AA

Still seems like a lot of money for a PAHL team if those numbers are true.

Edited by PittsburghHockeyFan
misread the age they were talking about

17 minutes ago, PittsburghHockeyFan said:

Still seems like a lot of money for a PAHL team if those numbers are true.

They also list mixed year teams which I believe play way less games and only practice once a week, now if those teams are 4K that's a huge problem but I would guess they are at a lower cost than the birth year teams. 

Based on everything that has transpired at Alpha and the merger of SCIR/PV, I can't see how their prices aren't going up. With the other organizations that played out of there now playing elsewhere or being absorbed, Alpha will likely raise their rates which will trickle down to the teams still calling it home. Combine that with the reality of year over year cost increase, the Tier 2 program fees have to increase. 

I hope they don't, so they can stay competitive with the other nearby organizations! As was already stated, if their mixed year fees increase much more, are you really getting what you're paying for?

Do organizations typically wait until after tryouts to post their upcoming season fees? I've previously not paid much attention.

Little information is being shared with families. 

1 hour ago, TeamRamRod said:

So they take a guy with known alcohol problems and legal issues who has embarrassed himself and his team publicly...and put him in charge of 12 year olds.  Seems like sound logic.

Yes, he is the general manager, head of player development and director of hockey operations 😃. Can't wait to see when 1 of the special needs kids makes him mad, then again he will probably have Livebarn turned off like he usually does.

• ROTF 1

40 minutes ago, Macky85 said:

Based on everything that has transpired at Alpha and the merger of SCIR/PV, I can't see how their prices aren't going up. With the other organizations that played out of there now playing elsewhere or being absorbed, Alpha will likely raise their rates which will trickle down to the teams still calling it home. Combine that with the reality of year over year cost increase, the Tier 2 program fees have to increase. 

I hope they don't, so they can stay competitive with the other nearby organizations! As was already stated, if their mixed year fees increase much more, are you really getting what you're paying for?

Do organizations typically wait until after tryouts to post their upcoming season fees? I've previously not paid much attention.

Little information is being shared with families. 

No, they are usually common knowledge before tryouts as it is one of the main deciding factors. If it isn't, then there is a huge red flag.

According to website, last year's costs were:

8U

8U - ADM: $995*

10U

10U Mixed Year: $2,150*

2012 - 2013 Hybrid: $3,400*

12U

12U Mixed Year: $2,350*

2012 Birth Year: $3,400*

2011 Birth Year: $3,400*

14U

14U Mixed Year 1: $2,800* - Includes 2 weeknight practices

14U Mixed Year: $2,400*

2010 Birth Year: $3,500*

2009 Birth Year: $3,600*

16U

16U Mixed Year: $2,550*

2008 Birth Year: $3,650*

16U National Bound: $3,400*

18U

18U Mixed Year: $2,550*

18U National Bound: $3,400*

So, I don't find it hard to believe prices will go up 500 or so across the board. Seems probably expected. Other orgs will probably go up as well, as things go.

And of course another whatever a set of uniforms cost these days since everyone won't be able to wear their old jerseys probably.

4 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

According to website, last year's costs were:

8U

8U - ADM: $995*

10U

10U Mixed Year: $2,150*

2012 - 2013 Hybrid: $3,400*

12U

12U Mixed Year: $2,350*

2012 Birth Year: $3,400*

2011 Birth Year: $3,400*

14U

14U Mixed Year 1: $2,800* - Includes 2 weeknight practices

14U Mixed Year: $2,400*

2010 Birth Year: $3,500*

2009 Birth Year: $3,600*

16U

16U Mixed Year: $2,550*

2008 Birth Year: $3,650*

16U National Bound: $3,400*

18U

18U Mixed Year: $2,550*

18U National Bound: $3,400*

So, I don't find it hard to believe prices will go up 500 or so across the board. Seems probably expected. Other orgs will probably go up as well, as things go.

And of course another whatever a set of uniforms cost these days since everyone won't be able to wear their old jerseys probably.

Seems to match up with teams in the AHF on in the East, just under $4000:

https://www.teamphl.org/structure