NHL suspends playoffs in protest

I'm not sure if, on this WPA hockey forum, we want to open the box that the issues behind this postponement represent. There is already more than enough non-hockey talk here due to covid.  No matter your view on this, it is my understanding the games on Saturday and moving forward will be played. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Yeah, and Logan Couture gets sucker punched up in Toronto for talking about how he supports Trump, then is trounced on Social Media and forced to "apologize".  Glad the Pens are out of it.  I can't take any more of this PC - social justice crap.  I've always treated everyone the same. 

We're cancelling our cable on Monday.  No need to watch any professional sports anymore.

• Like 1
  • ROTF 1

Typical liberal speak by them. Yet when it came down to dollars and not sense, still after all these years and taxpayer dollars they have been unable to come up with a plan for what to do with the old Mellon Arena site. Why? Because it's about the $$$$$$$$$$ and not social justice. They want social change? Then they should do exactly what the people of the lower Hill District want them to do and not what's best for their wallets. Otherwise, they should STFU.

10 hours ago, Scooby Doo said:

Yeah, and Logan Couture gets sucker punched up in Toronto for talking about how he supports Trump, then is trounced on Social Media and forced to "apologize".  Glad the Pens are out of it.  I can't take any more of this PC - social justice crap.  I've always treated everyone the same. 

We're cancelling our cable on Monday.  No need to watch any professional sports anymore.

So that's what finally did it, huh? Not domestic abuse. Not physical and sexual assaults. Not dogfighting rings. Not drug and alcohol abuse. Not cheating. Okay. So that shows what you are really mad about. Pretty pathetic. 

Canceling your cable? I bet you won't. Just like all the others who've been threatening to do it since Kaepernick first knelt. 

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Typical liberal speak by them. Yet when it came down to dollars and not sense, still after all these years and taxpayer dollars they have been unable to come up with a plan for what to do with the old Mellon Arena site. Why? Because it's about the $$$$$$$$$$ and not social justice. They want social change? Then they should do exactly what the people of the lower Hill District want them to do and not what's best for their wallets. Otherwise, they should STFU.

Yeah, that's turned into a pretty gross situation. That said, I always wonder where else they thought all those cars would park. 

1 hour ago, nemesis8679 said:

So that's what finally did it, huh? Not domestic abuse. Not physical and sexual assaults. Not dogfighting rings. Not drug and alcohol abuse. Not cheating. Okay. So that shows what you are really mad about. Pretty pathetic. 

Canceling your cable? I bet you won't. Just like all the others who've been threatening to do it since Kaepernick first knelt. 

Sorry but I am dropping off our cable boxes on Monday.  I know that breaks your heart. 

And to correct you, the antifa and BLM stuff put me over the top.  Anyone who wants to burn down and destroy the country isn’t a buddy of mine.  Crap Er Nick started the downward spiral of the nfl and they will continue to plummet this year too.

pro sports teams aren’t learning the lesson that they need to stay out of politics or they’re losing their audience. 

Edited by Scooby Doo
  • Uh, Ok 1

The penguins owner is the biggest financial contributor to the Democratic Party, the penguins use upmc for a tax shelter, that’s the only reason he helped Mario, the money was a drop in a bucket for him. David Morehouse was Bill Clinton’s right hand man. David was brought in by Burkle to get a new arena & figure out how to use youth hockey to cut the pro expenses. 

• 100 1
  • Fist Bump 1

26 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

The penguins owner is the biggest financial contributor to the Democratic Party, the penguins use upmc for a tax shelter, that’s the only reason he helped Mario, the money was a drop in a bucket for him. David Morehouse was Bill Clinton’s right hand man. David was brought in by Burkle to get a new arena & figure out how to use youth hockey to cut the pro expenses. 

I've heard 66 is a conservative. 

I've heard 66 is a conservative. 

Burkle put the money up, Mario’s part was monies owed. Burkle is the majority owner, Mario needed Burkle. 

Also, if Burkle just wanted a tax shelter, how does that help... He still had to buy into the team? Any tax savings would be saved on the team, not anything else he owns. 

I’m not going to try and explain to you how tax shelters work in big business - it’s runs perfect for part of Burkle’s unionized business, the pro team and a PA non profit. Do you know how Burkle made all his money ? You glossed over the part why David Morehouse was brought in. 

• Like 1

I'm fine with the players protesting.  Hopefully they didn't get paid or had to take a PTO day just like I would have had to do.  Funny though I don't hear of them donating a game check or portion of the game check to support the cause.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HSFBLJ said:

I'm fine with the players protesting.  Hopefully they didn't get paid or had to take a PTO day just like I would have had to do.  Funny though I don't hear of them donating a game check or portion of the game check to support the cause.  

Yes I was thinking the same thing about the NBA players. Cracks me up that they were considering canceling the rest of their season like it would really hurt anyone.