PIHL regular season

43 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

And FC in AA?

Someone has good stuff.

FC has some good younger players, two or thee AAA kids. But they lost their two biggest guns and I think with that they should have probably stayed in A. That is where I feel that PIHL misses with their “competitive formula”. I have seen many many times over the years where teams get moved up after losing either a ton of seniors or their top three scorers and that isn’t taken into consideration by PIHL. Obviously it doesn’t happen to the AAA teams that much, but at the A level the moves are very detrimental to some teams after they get moved up when they lose 8-10 seniors. 

For a lot of the teams, losing seniors is a big deal. If three seniors were getting 80% of your goals and now they're gone, that's hard to make up for. Likewise with losing a senior goalie that maybe won your team a few games that you shouldn't have won. 

And from what I've seen, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in whether some teams have "x" amount of AAA kids. I've seen teams where those players weren't even the best kids on the team. And if you didn't know the kid and it wasn't pointed out by somebody, you'd never know they were on a AAA team. There's exceptions, of course. 

6 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

For a lot of the teams, losing seniors is a big deal. If three seniors were getting 80% of your goals and now they're gone, that's hard to make up for. Likewise with losing a senior goalie that maybe won your team a few games that you shouldn't have won. 

And from what I've seen, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in whether some teams have "x" amount of AAA kids. I've seen teams where those players weren't even the best kids on the team. And if you didn't know the kid and it wasn't pointed out by somebody, you'd never know they were on a AAA team. There's exceptions, of course. 

Shocking. aAA kids that don't stand out....

AAA - SV

AA - SF

A - Meadville

D2 - Bishop Canevin

I don't think any team, but SF has a chance to take states though. Looks like a lot of the younger players have left PIHL for PPE, Esmark, junior teams or AAA out of town teams. Not sure what caused that or just something that is normal.

32 minutes ago, Puck01 said:

AAA - SV

AA - SF

A - Meadville

D2 - Bishop Canevin

I don't think any team, but SF has a chance to take states though. Looks like a lot of the younger players have left PIHL for PPE, Esmark, junior teams or AAA out of town teams. Not sure what caused that or just something that is normal.

How do you know that a lot of kids have left PIHL?  Are you guessing or do you have access to rosters?

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Meadeville and Montour battled in a shootout (9-7) last night. Both teams have potent offenses. Both should be contenders. But I think Shaler has to be the favorite after beating teams in higher classifications in the St. M tournament. 

Shaler ranked #5 in the poll in the other post wherever that number comes from. 

17 minutes ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Meadeville and Montour battled in a shootout (9-7) last night. Both teams have potent offenses. Both should be contenders. But I think Shaler has to be the favorite after beating teams in higher classifications in the St. M tournament. 

I know you're a Montour guy and I appreciate the optimism, but man, Montour might need to score 10 goals a game if they want to contend for anything this season. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sample39 said:

I know you're a Montour guy and I appreciate the optimism, but man, Montour might need to score 10 goals a game if they want to contend for anything this season. 

You are correct. They will have a ton of high scoring games this year. And 10 goals a game might be the number to get a win!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Well after the first couple weeks AAA scores are all over the map.  Almost looks like Rock Paper Scissors.  Seneca hasn't looked nearly as strong as I would have expected.  Player availability?  Who knows?

Looks like SV had 14 skaters, so player availability most likely played a role. 

2 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Well after the first couple weeks AAA scores are all over the map.  Almost looks like Rock Paper Scissors.  Seneca hasn't looked nearly as strong as I would have expected.  Player availability?  Who knows?

SV has top end talent every year but pretty much always disappoints. Not completely sure why, but it would be nice to see them turn it around.

4 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

I feel this was to be expected. Most teams are very young with little standout talent. PAHL at 16uAA is looking very similar. The level of hockey is disappointing, not nearly as good as prior years.