Printscape Rink 2 Problems

So what's everyone think of the new rink 2 at Printscape so far? Kind of off to a shaky start but that's sort of norm for the course with BlackBear.... high rates and no rink improvements. We were there for one of their THF Tier 1 Exposure Series Showcases (https://www.exposureseries.com/thf/thf-pittsburgh) this morning and saw they didn't have a working scoreboard yet... not to mention no seats, no speakers, no livebarn in rink 2. Brand new sheet and some of the lights aren't working. You had all summer to test these things out? Sort of embarrassing if you ask me. That's some exposure! 😉
​

Yea not a great look. They should fix those issues ASAP. But it sure beats the ice squeeze that is happening at other south hills rinks, especially Spencer YMCA and SHAHA. Some teams don't even practice every week because of a lack of ice.

Edited by RJUSHL

1 hour ago, RJUSHL said:

Yea not a great look. They should fix those issues ASAP. But it sure beats the ice squeeze that is happening at other south hills rinks, especially Spencer YMCA and SHAHA. Some teams don't even practice every week because of a lack of ice.

Really? Would like to hear more about this.  

3 hours ago, sackbear said:

So what's everyone think of the new rink 2 at Printscape so far? Kind of off to a shaky start but that's sort of norm for the course with BlackBear.... high rates and no rink improvements. We were there for one of their THF Tier 1 Exposure Series Showcases (https://www.exposureseries.com/thf/thf-pittsburgh) this morning and saw they didn't have a working scoreboard yet... not to mention no seats, no speakers, no livebarn in rink 2. Brand new sheet and some of the lights aren't working. You had all summer to test these things out? Sort of embarrassing if you ask me. That's some exposure! 😉

Are they actually playing games on it? 

1 minute ago, aaaahockey said:

Are they actually playing games on it? 

Yes, the THF tourney is there this weekend. Great to have another sheet, although one would think that the planning for the non-ice amenities would have been better planned to be ready for season opening. Not a great look, hearing grumbling like this tweet from the Barons: https://x.com/U18CleBarons/status/1705276775821963265?s=20 

41 minutes ago, Loach said:

Yes, the THF tourney is there this weekend. Great to have another sheet, although one would think that the planning for the non-ice amenities would have been better planned to be ready for season opening. Not a great look, hearing grumbling like this tweet from the Barons: https://x.com/U18CleBarons/status/1705276775821963265?s=20 

wow the barons really fell off if they have stooped that low to play in this wanna be aaa league 

Print scape as a hole is a dump. Locker room smell like piss. No effort to clean the facilities.  Not as bad as Alpha complex but close. 

Note: Not to say they staff doesnt care.

Rink Two is thin and experienced holes that needed patched between cuts. Shoody board and No score board.  

Take notice. Baierl for being one of the oldest puts in the most improvements. UPMC is well,  Penguinsn sponsered. 

Alpha - mice / rodent issues- dirty as hell. drainage problems ect.

PIA nough said.

Ice castle - cold and dirty

RMU is also a dump but decent ice and lighting.

Mt lebonon - decent

Show cases in western pa should be kept to:

Bairel and UMPC exclusivly. Need more sheet RMU.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loves Puck said:

Print scape as a hole is a dump. Locker room smell like piss. No effort to clean the facilities.  Not as bad as Alpha complex but close. 

Note: Not to say they staff doesnt care.

Rink Two is thin and experienced holes that needed patched between cuts. Shoody board and No score board.  

Take notice. Baierl for being one of the oldest puts in the most improvements. UPMC is well,  Penguinsn sponsered. 

Alpha - mice / rodent issues- dirty as hell. drainage problems ect.

PIA nough said.

Ice castle - cold and dirty

RMU is also a dump but decent ice and lighting.

Mt lebonon - decent

Show cases in western pa should be kept to:

Bairel and UMPC exclusivly. Need more sheet RMU.

How is RMU a dump? What are you basing this on?

26 minutes ago, Overqualified said:

Bairel is a dump super dirty

Locker rooms are to small

And the benches are 2 foot wide and big enough for 15 players 

I thought Jimmy was going to fix that place up

New lights and nothing else 

I always feel like baierl is one of the most well kept rinks in the area when I'm up there.

To think that baierl and alpha used to be identical is wild now with how rough alpha is.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, Overqualified said:

Jimmy did much more than that.  LED lighting was the first upgrade followed by renovating all locker rooms and bathrooms.  Also added a locker room and upgraded the cooling.systems in both rinks.  Fresh paint everywhere as well....I'm sure I'm missing more.q Yes, the benches are way too small... that's a tough one if you have the existing footprint to work with.

13 hours ago, Overqualified said:

Baierl has come light years from where it was.  I am extremely thankful that Jim turned it around and made it a great place to play.  You must have an ax to grind or are a moron.  I am guessing both.

• Like 1

Ice Rink ownership is a business just like GM, Ford, Samsung Apple, etc.   I'm sure they could all have beautiful facilities but then you couldn't afford to play!  Does anyone realize how much money was pumped into the area this weekend from that Tier 1 Hockey Federation Showcase?  Who really cares how good the Hockey was!  I would much rather have the revenue at Hotels and restaurants in the area from this tournament.  These kids played their hearts out this weekend in Pittsburgh!  Maybe the facilities aren't perfect and the Hockey wasn't the best but they were out there competing and giving their best effort.  All you haters need to find some other sport to complain about!

• Like 2
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Ice Rink ownership is a business just like GM, Ford, Samsung Apple, etc.   I'm sure they could all have beautiful facilities but then you couldn't afford to play!  Does anyone realize how much money was pumped into the area this weekend from that Tier 1 Hockey Federation Showcase?  Who really cares how good the Hockey was!  I would much rather have the revenue at Hotels and restaurants in the area from this tournament.  These kids played their hearts out this weekend in Pittsburgh!  Maybe the facilities aren't perfect and the Hockey wasn't the best but they were out there competing and giving their best effort.  All you haters need to find some other sport to complain about!

If I was paying that kind of money and that kind of commitment, yes I would care how good the hockey was. Maybe if you cared the same, things would be better with hockey in this area. 

24 minutes ago, Overqualified said:

Not hating 

Jimmy's a great guy just thought having Baierl as a backer I expected more

Really only two ice rinks make money in this area

Ice castle and PPE ( tax free)

Too much down time and to much overhead 

Overqualified should change his name to uneducated.  I can't imagine Baierl doesn't make money.

6 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

Overqualified should change his name to uneducated.  I can't imagine Baierl doesn't make money.

Everyone on here treats JB as if he’s some sort of hockey martyr. He’s a puppet master. He does what’s best for JB, stop being so jaded. 

1 minute ago, TheRightCall said:

Everyone on here treats JB as if he’s some sort of hockey martyr. He’s a puppet master. He does what’s best for JB, stop being so jaded. 

Should he lose money for the good of Hockey?  Ultimately it's a business!  I doubt he is getting super rich from this. Chances are Black Bear would have owned that rink also if he wasn't running it!

• 100 1