Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

28 minutes ago, Scooby Doo said:

What are teams outside of PGH in PA doing?  What's going on in the Philly area?  Has anyone from the PAHL even reached out to see what they're doing in different areas or is the PAHL going at this on it's own?

Seems like the first course of action BEFORE changing to 1/1/21 or going to the silly 9 on 9 is trying to get all the hockey orgs onboard to request a change/exemption to 50-60 people inside a 17,000-20,000 square foot building just like the PIAA worked on.  I'd rather delay a month and get this worked out than either Plan A or B.

How do viruses spread at 40 degrees temperature anyways???

Let's keep in mind that the PIAA and Harrisburg didn't work on anything.  The outdoor limit always was and still is 250 people, nothing changed there.  The PIAA agreed to the mandate and just ignored the recommendation from Wolf.  Only changes that took place was the pod system in Allegheny County because they had stricter rules to 50 in an outdoor gathering.

And the DVHL is in the same boat as PAHL with the same 25 person restriction needing to be followed with guidance from the Atlantic.

19 minutes ago, 4thlinerefugee said:

Here is the link to find your reps and Senator--->  https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/

Thanks for that.  Letter sent to both my representative and senator.  Everyone should do this.  Also hearing a few state legislators are holding a meeting at Delmont later this week.  Thanks to Mindy @ Center Ice Arena for setting that up.

I guess I am struggling to understand where the arbitrary 25 person limit even came from? Isn't it 300 indoor and 1500 outdoor in Ohio?

Just step back and think about this for a second. If the limit for indoor sports in PA was even 40 people none of us would have anything to bitch about because it would essentially be business as "usual". 

13 minutes ago, 4thlinerefugee said:

Here is the link to find your reps and Senator--->  https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/

Called one of mine. I was able to reach my local state senator, I was surprised he listened. Not much feedback but I was the first person he had heard anything like this from, the man did not understand club sports, he assumed hockey was part of piaa. Hoping I was able to enlighten him. 

My brother didn’t have as much luck. His state senator was a woman named Kulik (not sure on the spelling he lives in moon) he did not speak with her.  Kulik’s office told him they expect all sports to get canceled anyway, covid is to dangerous. he got the feeling kulik’s office was sour about football playing. 

make your voices heard! use your vote! I’m hoping to see my niece play her first squirt game this year! 

16 minutes ago, forbin said:

I guess I am struggling to understand where the arbitrary 25 person limit even came from? Isn't it 300 indoor and 1500 outdoor in Ohio?

Just step back and think about this for a second. If the limit for indoor sports in PA was even 40 people none of us would have anything to bitch about because it would essentially be business as "usual". 

You shouldn't struggle!  Thank our wonderful Governor Wolf and Health Secretary Levine. It's all them!  Wolf has nothing to lose. He is a lame duck governor. Can't run again.

2 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

You shouldn't struggle!  Thank our wonderful Governor Wolf and Health Secretary Levine. It's all them!  Wolf has nothing to lose. He is a lame duck governor. Can't run again.

So you're saying it's not political because he's a lame duck?

Then he just imposed these restrictions because he's trying to make us as miserable and angry as he can?

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

ALL, here is the best thing you can do if you want to see your kids play hockey this year. This is coming straight from a USA Hockey friend - 

tell folks in PA to contact their local officials, State Representatives, and / or Senators to help raise the gathering limit for indoor sports to 50. There is nothing magical about 1/1/21, that date is nothing more than a place holder by the PA Governor following political party lines. PIAA did get some help from PA state politicians to get football going. 

Bump 

this is what was sent to Foxes members on 8-18 after the monthly league meeting.

• As of now, the league calendar is unchanged.  The goal is to get all games in by the previously established deadlines
  • Midgets will not have placement games.  It is also possible that Peewee and Bantams will not have placement games.  We are encouraging teams to schedules scrimmages if possible to send information to the placement committee to place teams in the appropriate divisions.  Many rinks in the area are allowing games to be played with full team participation.

so basically RMU is staying strict with the governmental ruling, so you'll need to go somewhere more loosey goosey with the rules if you want to play a full roster game.  

what nobody is mentioning is that this limited roster turns the ice surface into a significantly more dangerous place. you expect the kids to make sure they close the penalty box door properly when their time is up? that one coach on the bench is going to remember to remind the kids to check the latch after every line change? hey Johnny just broke his neck when he got knocked through the Penalty Box door, but at least he didn't get COVID-19!!!!!

and let's not forget that it tells half the team to stay in an enclosed space for at least 30 minutes waiting to to take the ice. isn't the entire thing we're trying to avoid to slow the spread of ANY virus is enclosed spaces for long periods of time? 

it's all optics and not safety. but hey, we;re too dumb to know what's best for our kids and ourselves so we're clearly too dumb to see through this master stroke of planning, don't thing, don't question, we made a plan, you are safe. shhh!!!

eff it, let's just give the kids chainsaws and have exploding pucks and land mines on the ice!!!

lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forbin said:

https://youtu.be/4H-6HTKNgV0

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, miked said:

what nobody is mentioning is that this limited roster turns the ice surface into a significantly more dangerous place. you expect the kids to make sure they close the penalty box door properly when their time is up? that one coach on the bench is going to remember to remind the kids to check the latch after every line change? hey Johnny just broke his neck when he got knocked through the Penalty Box door, but at least he didn't get COVID-19!!!!!

and let's not forget that it tells half the team to stay in an enclosed space for at least 30 minutes waiting to to take the ice. isn't the entire thing we're trying to avoid to slow the spread of ANY virus is enclosed spaces for long periods of time? 

it's all optics and not safety. but hey, we;re too dumb to know what's best for our kids and ourselves so we're clearly too dumb to see through this master stroke of planning, don't thing, don't question, we made a plan, you are safe. shhh!!!

eff it, let's just give the kids chainsaws and have exploding pucks and land mines on the ice!!!

lol

Mutant League Hockey

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mitch51502 said:

Just a thought . Can we maybe get a email about upping rink occupancy to 50 written up to get out to all orgs . Just something everyone can copy and past and send to state representatives.  If it's easy everyone will be more inclined to do it.

This is a fantastic idea. 

Just spoke to a business contact who has two boys that play school hockey exclusively.  He told me his organization will be having an emergency meeting on Thursday evening to present various options to the families on how to proceed given the new guidelines  He indicated that the organization has asked families to notify their board president on their intentions for the upcoming season, stay or walk.

He indicated that the term “economically unsustainable” has been used to describe the current situation, and it is quite possible that the season for all teams will be tabled as they believe nothing will change on 1/1/21 and it is quite likely that JV and middle school hockey will likely get shut down if the anticipated fall surge of virus cases comes to fruition.

Horrible situation, might likely mean the end of school hockey for many programs

5 minutes ago, Hky05 said:

Senator Kim Ward and Representative Eric Nelson will be at Center Ice in Delmont Wednesday evening to answer any questions 

Can we get the exact time for this?  Thank you

• Like 1