District Playoffs 2022

27 minutes ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

Pens Elite U16… out

Esmark U16… in final vs Culver

does Pens Elite deserve an at-large bid?

yes they are better and much higher ranked then esmark..  pens where top 10. iF remark was to win tmw they would more then likely be the lowest seed at nationals and wouldn't probably even win a game 

31 minutes ago, Pa Hockey said:

Didn't know North Allegheny was in the Tournament ...they play next week?

Danner's comment is referring to the 18u NA kids on Foxes. A few people on this board have been nasty about their dedication to NA and/or maligning the head coach. His comment reflects a certain pleasure in their loss. Seems to me an odd take since he claimed to be a good family friend of one of the players, with inside knowledge of his plans after graduation.

The comments smack of jealousy over NA's success, quite frankly. It's understandable in the sense that school programs usually take second fiddle around here. But really, should the players place the school second over....18u PAHL hockey? If your kid was good and could play there... would you?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Saucey said:

Danner's comment is referring to the 18u NA kids on Foxes. A few people on this board have been nasty about their dedication to NA and/or maligning the head coach. His comment reflects a certain pleasure in their loss. Seems to me an odd take since he claimed to be a good family friend of one of the players, with inside knowledge of his plans after graduation.

The comments smack of jealousy over NA's success, quite frankly. It's understandable in the sense that school programs usually take second fiddle around here. But really, should the players place the school second over....18u PAHL hockey? If your kid was good and could play there... would you?

No displeasure, surprised they got bounced. After an undefeated PAHL season and told by a few they are clearly the best AA team locally, I was a bit surprised. I call them the NA foxes as an identifier due to this board along with a lot of NA players on that team. 

Personally, I think NA does school hockey correctly. They took over the program. Minimum parent / board politics running the team. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

No displeasure, surprised they got bounced. After an undefeated PAHL season and told by a few they are clearly the best AA team locally, I was a bit surprised. I call them the NA foxes as an identifier due to this board along with a lot of NA players on that team. 

Personally, I think NA does school hockey correctly. They took over the program. Minimum parent / board politics running the team. 

Anything can happen in those tournaments. Sometimes I don't think it is good to be the favorite.

20 hours ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

After this weekend they will drop outside of top 10. If you look at rankings , historically, midget teams ranked 11-15 are NOT guaranteed an at-large

doesnt matter u16 Esmark choked.  CULVER won. and pens will get in via at large.......... YURI reign is coming to an end in pgh..with no u15 he is in trouble 

2 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

doesnt matter u16 Esmark choked.  CULVER won. and pens will get in via at large.......... YURI reign is coming to an end in pgh..with no u15 he is in trouble 

There are always crazies and now he is in a rink with a AAA league.

8 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Esmark 14's with a strong 0-3 fifth place finish. Guess that name change, Coaching change, league change really had a positive effect.

Don't worry. I am sure PPE is bringing a whole new u14 team next year. Any Pittsburgh kid will likley get cut and either go out of town to play or end up with this group. The top kid on that team will probably go play u16 next year, if that current 06/u15 doesn't impload, but I am sure they have a line of out of town kid willing to donate to the king and his castle.

13 minutes ago, RegDunlop7 said:

The 18U, 16U, and 14U Allegheny teams had a combined 9-2 record over the weekend and the '07 Badgers are the first Allegheny team to win States since the '92/'93 18U AA team, who finished 2nd at Nationals in 2011. Good luck to all PAHL teams participating in Nationals this year!

That program has come a long way in recent years. Respect and good luck!

• Like 1

Was anyone at the U16 AA final between Allegheny and SCIR?  I heard SCIR won on a penalty shot in OT?

I did see the Barons PPE 06 final - Barons dominated and I am sure there are a few players on that team got the payback they deserved, but I assume PPE will get an at-large berth.

16 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Was anyone at the U16 AA final between Allegheny and SCIR?  I heard SCIR won on a penalty shot in OT?

I did see the Barons PPE 06 final - Barons dominated and I am sure there are a few players on that team got the payback they deserved, but I assume PPE will get an at-large berth.

wasn't there son showed me via IG that game winner was in OT on a Penalty shot by their Captain. went 5 hole. was a nice way to cap of their season. they finally get to go to nationals bc they where robbed of it last Tim due to the Chinese flu 

• Like 1