St Margarets Tournament starts tonight! 8 games set to go! Any live broadcasts? Who is the favorite?

NA gets knocked out by superb effort by FR 2-1

PR advances knocking off Armstrong 

Central advances beating Lebo 4-3 

Shaler has good showing shutting out Baldwin 5-0 

Butler BP and Latrobe end up in 3- way tie and Butler advances on tiebreaker 

Seneca finishes 3-0 and advances and TJ edges USC in pretty good game 

Semi's will be  PR vs CC and Butler vs Seneca 

16 hours ago, Icebucket said:

Yea the new coach is a great guy and I wish him luck. Still kind of a shock to see them knock off two AAA teams though.

I know they have gone through a lot of coaches during their freefall from AAA to AA to A. I'd bet he will have them back in AA sooner I don’t care how good the coach is now or previously.

I sure do hope the regular season is not like this!  I know I am being redundant but I just can't believe that the organization I thought had it all together is regressing back to PAHL status.  I hope they are not hiding the stats because they don't want to hurt any ones feelings like PAHL does. I would take the AHF & THF over PAHL any day! And maybe over PIHL if this stays this way! I wonder if PIHL needs help entering rosters?  I could help if needed!

3 hours ago, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

Crazy to see how far this Canon McMillan team appears to have fallen.  Armstrong performance seems way below expectations as well.

I saw Canon Mac had a long running post up looking for a new varsity coach. Hopefully they found someone qualified and the new guy can turn it around. Another down year this season would likely bump them down to AA.

Edited by Icebucket

4 hours ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Shaler is a big surprise to me. If these games are any indication Shaler may run through single A.

I don't think it's a huge surprise, though "may run through" might be too strong of a phrase. Last year they made I think to the 2nd round of playoffs with what I understand was a roster of mostly 9th and 10th graders and a first-year coach. They added some good players and a good coach, and the younger players are now a year older than last year. I watched the game against Baldwin on livebarn because I was surprised at the score. It looks like they have a pretty solid lineup. 

4 hours ago, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

Crazy to see how far this Canon McMillan team appears to have fallen.  Armstrong performance seems way below expectations as well.

Sometimes it's hard to say. It seems like there'd be a better way to pick divisions than however they do it now.  If you have a team with a lot of graduating seniors, or a team with 2-3 seniors that score 80% of the goals and then they're gone the next year, that's going to hurt. I don't know if either of those scenarios are in play with that team, but I'd assume that's the case. There's probably some teams that'll have a long season because of that. 

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

Up where? The same place your head is?

If you're referring to the Event schedule, I think that's a moot point.

I think folks are likely looking for the regular season schedule considering the start date is roughly ten days out.

Regular season Slapnuts .............it was there this morning and was taken down apparently!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Are these games going to be on Ten Band TV?   Obviously no one from the PIHL reads this forum.  Radio silence as to why there are no stats and rosters for the St Margaret Tournament.  Sure hope the regular season is not going to be like this.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

For some reason, there is never much fanfare regarding this tournament, info usually comes out later. Since teams are just getting their feet wet, I don't think this is a bad thing. I think the only game that is ever live streamed is the Championship. Check the Pa Hockey website for that information.

1 hour ago, Saucey said:

For some reason, there is never much fanfare regarding this tournament, info usually comes out later. Since teams are just getting their feet wet, I don't think this is a bad thing. I think the only game that is ever live streamed is the Championship. Check the Pa Hockey website for that information.

What I do not like about this tournament is many schools have been on a waiting list to enter the tournament for years, while some of the same teams get blown out year after year after year but continue to hold their spot.

What is the point to holding a spot for a team that goes 0-3 every year in pool play while not allowing other schools with stronger talent to enter because of a waiting list?

Edited by fafa fohi
  • 100 1

53 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

What I do not like about this tournament is many schools have been on a waiting list to enter the tournament for years, while some of the same teams get blown out year after year after year but continue to hold their spot.

What is the point to holding a spot for a team that goes 0-3 every year in pool play while not allowing other schools with stronger talent to enter because of a waiting list?

I didn't know that. What schools do you know of that are on this wait list?

44 minutes ago, Saucey said:

I didn't know that. What schools do you know of that are on this wait list?

There are numerous as I have friends who tell me their school has been on the wait list.  Not sure why they just don't make it bigger.  I know, I know ice but if people want in and are willing to pay I can't believe they don't find a way.  Wouldn't be that hard.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

There are numerous as I have friends who tell me their school has been on the wait list.  Not sure why they just don't make it bigger.  I know, I know ice but if people want in and are willing to pay I can't believe they don't find a way.  Wouldn't be that hard.   

It adds days and time for sure .........i tried in Jamestown to 20 and it was less than stellar results ..........I would agree the criteria for choosing schools needs looked at to make it better