Nattys @ Center Ice Delmont

Not that I'm going, but where does BB expect people to park for the Nationals @ Center Ice?

Heck, for just some regular busy weekends people park all the way down the drive in the front.  I'm trying to figure out where 12+ teams worth of parents cars are going to park.

(??)

2 hours ago, Icebucket said:

I feel bad for the 18u teams. It's the last year of youth hockey for most of the players. They battled hard all year to earn a trip to beautiful Delmont, PA. 

I thought the same thing.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 6:32 PM, Wes said:

Not that I'm going, but where does BB expect people to park for the Nationals @ Center Ice?

Heck, for just some regular busy weekends people park all the way down the drive in the front.  I'm trying to figure out where 12+ teams worth of parents cars are going to park.

(??)

I would think that a lot (or most) of the teams would charter a bus. At least those based East of the Mississippi River. I’m only guessing based on showcase tournaments.

13 hours ago, Rewster said:

I would think that a lot (or most) of the teams would charter a bus. At least those based East of the Mississippi River. I’m only guessing based on showcase tournaments.

Makes sense, but there is literally nowhere around there to park multiple busses, except maybe the Walmart parking lot like a mile away on the next hill over.

Not a great logistical location. Especially for teams flying in.  Let’s put it an hour from the airport, past the city.  Then where do you stay, Monroeville, Greensburg?  And nothing around the rink to do without driving.  People don’t want to travel to an unknown area just  to be in the car back and forth the whole trip.  Pittsburgh area not great for tourneys. 

The Pittsburgh area is great for tourneys - just not there in Delmont.

Alpha, Baierl, UPMC and Neville have plenty of hotels and restaurants nearby and all are close enough where multiple facilities could co-host together. 

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1