So it starts

1 hour ago, fafa fohi said:

If / when you drop a bomb like this, it would help if you provide more information than this.  

Got the info, two kids on vacation picked up covid. Since they are on the varsity team, SF shut the program down for 14 days to be safe. None of it happened because of hockey or sports in general. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Got the info, two kids on vacation picked up covid. Since they are on the varsity team, SF shut the program down for 14 days to be safe. None of it happened because of hockey or sports in general. 

That makes sense. I give them credit for being cautious. My whole worry around letting these teams play is that the people in charge with throw caution to the wind. A lot of the rules/precautions seem sensible, but there is just so much rhetoric referring to how overblown & hyped the pandemic is. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Appreciate the update.  A 14 day shutdown is a far cry from "another casualty" meaning the program is dead and buried.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

That makes sense. I give them credit for being cautious. My whole worry around letting these teams play is that the people in charge with throw caution to the wind. A lot of the rules/precautions seem sensible, but there is just so much rhetoric referring to how overblown & hyped the pandemic is. 

And people like Peter the Puck are causing people to feel that the whole thing is overblown & Hyped with their overblown reactions to the situation. I'm sure he would gloat and be happy if all the rinks shut down because of 2 kids coming back from vacation. 

18 minutes ago, PeterThePuck said:

Bomb gets bigger other club players

This will happen all year until it all gets shut down.

Two week’s quarantine coming.

Why does it seem to me that you would be very happy to have everything shut down!  What's your reason for being the gloom and doom squad?

1 hour ago, PeterThePuck said:

Bomb gets bigger other club players

This will happen all year until it all gets shut down.

Two week’s quarantine coming.

There is no bomb, the sick kids didn’t contract it during hockey, they got it on vacation. Both had a fever so got tested, both fine after 2 days. 

This was the email we got:

Dear Parents and Students,

The South Fayette Township School District has just confirmed that a student involved with our high school hockey team received a positive COVID-19 test result from a test administered on August 14, 2020.  This individual has not participated in workouts since August 13, 2020.   In consultation with the Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD), in accordance with our Athletics and Activities Health and Safety Plan, we are communicating with our community, particularly those involved in the high school hockey program, that this positive case has occurred.  Additionally out of an abundance of caution, we are temporarily suspending the high school hockey workouts through August 27, 2020.

According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

• Fever or chills

• Cough

• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing

• Fatigue

• Muscle or body aches

• Headache

• New loss of taste or smell

• Sore throat

• Congestion or runny nose

• Nausea or vomiting

• Diarrhea

Should you or your child, particularly those involved in the high school hockey program, experience any of these symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider immediately.

The health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority.  We are committed to following the guidance in our Athletics and Activities Health and Safety Plan and direction from the Allegheny County Health Department to ensure we are providing a healthy and safe environment for our student-athletes.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Keener

Athletic Director

The player that had this also plays for Lebo 2005 Aaa team. There are a few players on Lebo 2005 team that did test positive.

45 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

This was the email we got:

Dear Parents and Students,

The South Fayette Township School District has just confirmed that a student involved with our high school hockey team received a positive COVID-19 test result from a test administered on August 14, 2020.  This individual has not participated in workouts since August 13, 2020.   In consultation with the Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD), in accordance with our Athletics and Activities Health and Safety Plan, we are communicating with our community, particularly those involved in the high school hockey program, that this positive case has occurred.  Additionally out of an abundance of caution, we are temporarily suspending the high school hockey workouts through August 27, 2020.

According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

• Fever or chills

• Cough

• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing

• Fatigue

• Muscle or body aches

• Headache

• New loss of taste or smell

• Sore throat

• Congestion or runny nose

• Nausea or vomiting

• Diarrhea

Should you or your child, particularly those involved in the high school hockey program, experience any of these symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider immediately.

The health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority.  We are committed to following the guidance in our Athletics and Activities Health and Safety Plan and direction from the Allegheny County Health Department to ensure we are providing a healthy and safe environment for our student-athletes.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Keener

Athletic Director

The player that had this also plays for Lebo 2005 Aaa team. There are a few players on Lebo 2005 team that did test positive.

Again, no bomb as stated by Peter. The same info I got yesterday. The only difference - I was told two kids while on vacation. So it turns out only one of the two plays for the varsity team, I assumed both played varsity.

your info on Lebo is incorrect. Yes the SF player is on the the 05 Lebo team. Nobody on that team has tested positive YET. Two kids didn’t feel well, both tested negative.

look I’ve been saying from the start everything is getting canceled but some of you, with your made up - axe to grind bs need to stop. 

39 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Again, no bomb as stated by Peter. The same info I got yesterday. The only difference - I was told two kids while on vacation. So it turns out only one of the two plays for the varsity team, I assumed both played varsity.

your info on Lebo is incorrect. Yes the SF player is on the the 05 Lebo team. Nobody on that team has tested positive YET. Two kids didn’t feel well, both tested negative.

look I’ve been saying from the start everything is getting canceled but some of you, with your made up - axe to grind bs need to stop. 

The goalie whom was vacationing in SC is the one that tested positive. As for the SF player he is a JV call up, therefore hence the reason why both the JV and Varsity both are canceled as they both practiced in the last week....   

On 8/14/2020 at 7:37 AM, hockeydadlife said:

Source? Coaches are being told the opposite.

I saw a copy of an alleged set of rule modifications for return to hockey to be voted on by PAHL. I haven't been able to find it anywhere to post it here. I would also note that coaches at my organization have been told for weeks that there would be no placements at any level above 12U.

If we get to play, it's just going to be weird and hard. We can expect these rolling quarantine black outs like SF, particularly with back to school. Rescheduling games is going to be interesting. Think about it.... that's potentially four games if a team had to quarantine. And then if it is one of those independent teams that schedules 4 PAHL games in a weekend....bleh. It will be interesting to see if a season can be completed.

5 hours ago, Saucey said:

If we get to play, it's just going to be weird and hard. We can expect these rolling quarantine black outs like SF, particularly with back to school. Rescheduling games is going to be interesting. Think about it.... that's potentially four games if a team had to quarantine. And then if it is one of those independent teams that schedules 4 PAHL games in a weekend....bleh. It will be interesting to see if a season can be completed.

Is what MLB is doing better than nothing at all?  I wonder how long it will take until this is no longer a big deal?  We will never reach a herd immunity. Sooner or later are we just going to have to accept it as a part of life?  Is swamping the hospitals with patients still the main concern?

25 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Is what MLB is doing better than nothing at all?  I wonder how long it will take until this is no longer a big deal?  We will never reach a herd immunity. Sooner or later are we just going to have to accept it as a part of life?  Is swamping the hospitals with patients still the main concern?

Well, we can't simply accept that we will have 1,000 people per day die of this in this country. Many will say this it's mostly old people, so who cares. There are still a lot of people that do care. Life would not be nearly as good without all the old people in my life.

19 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Well, we can't simply accept that we will have 1,000 people per day die of this in this country. Many will say this it's mostly old people, so who cares. There are still a lot of people that do care. Life would not be nearly as good without all the old people in my life.

Agreed, I am one of those old people. I also feel like this is just dragging out the inevitable. This virus is going to be around. Even if they develop a Vaccine that works. How fast can they get it to enough people that I can come out of the house again?  Is life worth living if you are scared of catching the virus?  Something is going to kill me and I'm not trying to speed it up. I just want to go back to enjoying life.  Watching the grandkids play was enjoyment. Now I watch what I can on live Barn. Just not the same.