Jump to content

North Catholic/Excel Hockey


Recommended Posts

On 2/28/2022 at 4:50 PM, hockey2020 said:

don’t think this move works out for anyone. only those who can’t make ppe team would choose to do this and they all falsely claim they wanted to leave. also excel is the hour ten of ice and then the teams practice another hour or so. it’s a lot of ice. and it’s the two off ice sessions per day that is perhaps too much - but the trainer at ppe is second to none

image.png.22469be77ef528bb9c3dbe2e5a176ded.png

Crazy that some of these kids got cut from PPE. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Did any 06's from anywhere else PPE, Vengenance, SHAHA, get drafted?

Lol seriously ? Only the PPE kids would be on the radar, if any are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Lol seriously ? Only the PPE kids would be on the radar, if any are. 

What was I thinking!  PPE is the only game in town! Everyone else should just quit playing cause they aren't going anywhere ever!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Lilja doesn’t work for ppe anymore ?

I asked the same question yesterday and was told he decided to go the the Barons.

image.png.a35f212eb47bb3b3b257e5a0c496efdc.pngimage.png.f89353f02c2c195845cd2f6e94853ac7.pngimage.png.9b8c6e89078b5a623050120b021324ba.png

Congratulation's to all of the Pittsburgh kids who did get drafted. Good luck and keep up the hard work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations to those who were selected but also an opportunity for people to see the chances of advancement out of this area is extremely slim.  Keep working but enjoy the ride because for most, all they’ll leave with the experience they had. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

Congratulations to those who were selected but also an opportunity for people to see the chances of advancement out of this area is extremely slim.  Keep working but enjoy the ride because for most, all they’ll leave with the experience they had. 

Also, look what rounds they are. Not exactly high.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

Also, look what rounds they are. Not exactly high.

Your right nemesis, if they don’t get drafted #1 overall, they should just go play PAHL and avoid the money grab.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Along these same lines, can anyone think of a player not from Pens, Esmark, or Vengeance that was selected in the OHL, USHL, or WHL draft in recent years? Anyone from SHAHA AAA, Preds AAA, etc? Or even the NAHL draft for that matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

USHL draft done. 
2 Barons, 3 PPE taken.  Also within district, 2 Culver.  

Lots from Shattuck, Mission, Little Caesars, Honeybaked, and many others.


 

that's where the REAL talent is and where it goes too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

What was I thinking!  PPE is the only game in town! Everyone else should just quit playing cause they aren't going anywhere ever!

Did you get your kid an agent yet?

  • ROTF 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jack Handey said:

USHL draft done. 
2 Barons, 3 PPE taken.  Also within district, 2 Culver.  

Lots from Shattuck, Mission, Little Caesars, Honeybaked, and many others.


 

Believe it or not, when you look at the statistics it’s harder to make the ushl than the ohl. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

Along these same lines, can anyone think of a player not from Pens, Esmark, or Vengeance that was selected in the OHL, USHL, or WHL draft in recent years? Anyone from SHAHA AAA, Preds AAA, etc? Or even the NAHL draft for that matter.

According to elite prospects there hasn’t been any that’s gone on to play at those levels recently (not sure if any of them got drafted but didn’t sign etc). The Preds have had two go on to play professionally but are late 80s birth years. 

Edited by BeaverFalls
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

that's where the REAL talent is and where it goes too 

Ooook. Tell me about how talented 133rd pick is🙄  many more like that one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BACKCHECKING said:

Your right nemesis, if they don’t get drafted #1 overall, they should just go play PAHL and avoid the money grab.

Yeah, probably. Look how many players go in the FIRST round in the NHL and don't play a game in the league, let alone actually have a career. There's a lot of good, interchangeable players at that level and all levels. But at least they can claim it on their resume if they ever want to give skills lessons or coach varsity somewhere. 

Hey, I'm happy for them. Hopefully it's all worth it in the end. As long as they're having a good time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

 im sure your referring to the one that plays for shah.  No, and he is a hell of a player too.

I think he has some quality junior hockey in his future. Will be interesting to see where.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...