2022 - 2023 Pa Hockey Top 5 Rankings - High School

19 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Great win by Norwin over McDowell in OT.  

And it couldn’t happen to a nicer group of players and parents - the amount of shit talking and outlandish claims coming from McDowell all season on social media was a disgrace.  

It was a great game! Pa Hockey ..thanks for presenting it to us folks that would rather sit by the fireplace than haul our butts to Erie!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

The main propagandist for SV appears to be the goalie's mommy or daddy. Icebucket, it's over!! Move on.

Nice try, but if you look back through many of my posts ive actually leaned much more anti SV.

Peters has the best run program/coaching and also has the player base to back it up. Cant imagine anyone knocks them off but I'd still like to see good competitive games.

I'm probably a Peters parent as well according to you 

Edited by Icebucket

1 hour ago, Baleout21 said:

It was a great game! Pa Hockey ..thanks for presenting it to us folks that would rather sit by the fireplace than haul our butts to Erie!

One of the worst rinks in western pa from a spectator perspective. Right up there with Hess

9 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Great win by Norwin over McDowell in OT.  

And it couldn’t happen to a nicer group of players and parents - the amount of shit talking and outlandish claims coming from McDowell all season on social media was a disgrace.  

Has to be a deeper story here…

1 hour ago, Chinstrap said:

Has to be a deeper story here…

Yes there is, and I will allow anyone from the McDowell brethren to elaborate here on their IG fan page regarding the many salacious posts made towards opposing teams while the organization did nothing to stop it.

On 2/28/2023 at 9:20 AM, hockeyisgreat said:

How about scores?  We will see how good a predictor you are!

picked all of the winners.  a little off on the final scores...Armstrong brought the noise which wasnt unexpected.  Just didnt think theyd put up a 12 spot.  I did expect more offense in the McCort vs Latrobe game, which turned out to be a defensive battle and goalie showcase in an OT nail biter.  I feel McCort proving they can win those types of games bodes well for them going forward. 

Round 2 i'll have Armstrong defeating TJ 6-3   McCort defeating South Fayette 5-3   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, forbin said:

One of the worst rinks in western pa from a spectator perspective. Right up there with Hess

Yeah. We did a lot of work at Hess. Great upgrades. Increasing spectator space wouldn’t work with the budget we had. Maybe in the future. 

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

After Peters put a beatdown on Lebo a coach came out for the next practice with a chrome green helmet and white gloves. I thought Flavio was here to get me. 

I think I played adult league with that guy if it’s the same guy I’m thinking of. He ran a team or two out of there and is a coach. Maybe the wrong guy. Anyway been a long time since I posted, hope you’re all well!

On 3/8/2023 at 8:03 AM, fafa fohi said:

Yes there is, and I will allow anyone from the McDowell brethren to elaborate here on their IG fan page regarding the many salacious posts made towards opposing teams while the organization did nothing to stop it.

I suppose the story wasn’t good enough to tell.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, Carl Racki said:

I think the league is pretty wide open for the taking but USC is definitely in the mix.  I would bump Baldwin for USC.  Those five teams all have a great shot this year and to me it seems any of them could do it.  CC is the one I think is least likely of the five.  Just think USC is a real sleeper that can sneak up and get you.

Told you so, and no I have no affiliation with USC.  Saw a couple of their games and when they have all their players they are a very good team.  Goaltending would be my question mark for USC.  If they have all their players and great goaltending, it should be a good game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

Told you so, and no I have no affiliation with USC.  Saw a couple of their games and when they have all their players they are a very good team.  Goaltending would be my question mark for USC.  If they have all their players and great goaltending, it should be a good game.

I haven't seen much of USC this year, but just checked out the numbers from the regular season. Looks like they might not need all their players, just the right 3 players.

• Like 1