2022 - 2023 Pa Hockey Top 5 Rankings - High School

Just now, Overqualified said:

The semi and final should be at PPG downtown 

The rink paided by our taxes dollars 

Pens elite players not allowed to play high school 

What do the pens do for high school hockey 

Nothing 

Not entirely true for PPE players. My understanding is they can’t play HS and miss PPE practices and games but can still play HS.  

Now whether or not they would want to us a different story.  I think some of these programs to include even some tier II programs are playing 60-90 games plus practices, with most weekends being 3-5 games in 2-3 days.  That’s an insane amount imho- but if that’s what people want to do, more power to them. I just don’t think for overall development it’s the best nor should people feel compelled to. The body and mind can only take so much. 

16 minutes ago, Overqualified said:

What do the pens do for high school hockey 

Let's take this one step further and ask this.

What do they do for local hockey? And the answer is still nothing.

The Foundation gives the PPE over 200K per year and yet the fees are still astronomical and certainly don't correlate to the results of most players.

Ask your club team (Amateur or School) to propose a plan for consideration and you'll get the Heisman faster than OJ in a Hertz Commercial. Well then everyone would start asking for their share.......... Right!! Because most of the money into that fund comes from the 50/50 and that is supported roughly what..... 90% by locals? Maybe as low as 80%. But it sure ain't funded by the mommies and daddies of the out of state/country players.

Each year the program becomes less and less connected to local players in their most important years and solely dependent upon them from 5-12 to fill the bean jars.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

Not entirely true for PPE players. My understanding is they can’t play HS and miss PPE practices and games but can still play HS.  

Now whether or not they would want to us a different story.  I think some of these programs to include even some tier II programs are playing 60-90 games plus practices, with most weekends being 3-5 games in 2-3 days.  That’s an insane amount imho- but if that’s what people want to do, more power to them. I just don’t think for overall development it’s the best nor should people feel compelled to. The body and mind can only take so 

In the past you had to sign a agreement not to play high school hockey 

Name one player from PPE that plays high school 

59 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

Now whether or not they would want to us a different story.  I think some of these programs to include even some tier II programs are playing 60-90 games plus practices, with most weekends being 3-5 games in 2-3 days.  That’s an insane amount imho- but if that’s what people want to do, more power to them. I just don’t think for overall development it’s the best nor should people feel compelled to. The body and mind can only take so much. 

Yes and you have to have a HS program cool with that. Quite frankly, you aren't really supporting a high school team if you are missing games to go to a practice. 

8 hours ago, Overqualified said:

In the past you had to sign a agreement not to play high school hockey 

Name one player from PPE that plays high school 

Possibly in the past. Not true now unless they’re playing without “permission”. Can’t share names here nor would I want to but it wouldn’t be too hard to compare rosters. 

8 hours ago, Saucey said:

Yes and you have to have a HS program cool with that. Quite frankly, you aren't really supporting a high school team if you are missing games to go to a practice. 

I agree. But I also don’t know of too many HS programs that will turn their nose up to having a AAA player on their roster. Not saying it’s right.

On 3/16/2023 at 1:19 PM, sadday4hockey said:

Still beating the victim drum? Maybe call Rachel Maddow to plead your case.

I'll keep playing this for you.

Violin.jpg

The only victims are the kids who get screwed over by the pihl and their lack of attention to detail on their end.  I certainly am not of victim of a poorly run hockey league.  “Oh, we don’t have enough reps to properly support league games”.  Great excuse in their minds to allow mistakes.  Also- who the f is Rachel maddow?  Nobody is watching that garbage.  Terrible reference…

• 100 1

4 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

you won pens cup, didn't win states , settle down!! Armstrong outplayed them most of them, got 2 lucky bounce goals.......  see what you do on Saturday vs a very strong Philly team!! 

Ohhhhh yes so lucky, delusional Armstrong dad....you know what you didn't win?? Pens Cup OR States hahahaha!

The SF defense held your "vaunted offense" to zero goals peckerwood. Beat you the last two years to knock you out of the playoffs, yet you continue to spout your ass piss all over this forum about "owning" SF. Find a new angle douchebag. 

17 minutes ago, Ty Tassol said:

Ohhhhh yes so lucky, delusional Armstrong dad....you know what you didn't win?? Pens Cup OR States hahahaha!

The SF defense held your "vaunted offense" to zero goals peckerwood. Beat you the last two years to knock you out of the playoffs, yet you continue to spout your ass piss all over this forum about "owning" SF. Find a new angle douchebag. 

Easy on @PUCKCOVID19 Ty, he's just mad he won't be able to go to states and yell "suck my..." or "she's a wh..." at the Philly team along with the other classy fans from Armstrong.

• 100 2

Some of the parents here are pretty damn funny.

The defense by the Montour parents was that noone cares enough to cheat in HS hockey. Then they were outraged when they didn't get to compete for something "they didn't care about".

Armstrong parent runs their mouth about how great winning the pens cup will be. Then backtracks after losing saying that noone cares about pens cup and all that matters is states.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

you won pens cup, didn't win states , settle down!! Armstrong outplayed them most of them, got 2 lucky bounce goals.......  see what you do on Saturday vs a very strong Philly team!! 

Talk about sour grapes. You know what you can’t win unless you win the Pens Cup first…..States. 

3 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

Neither SF or Armstrong are that good tbh. I’m sure this will catch a lot of butthurt responses but they won’t be good enough to compete for a state title. 

Lets also not overinflate the meaning of a state title because it really is meaningless in hockey.  Its not like PIAA football or basketball where you play your league playoffs and then have a whole other series of playoffs to win the title and truly be declared the best.  In hockey it is literally one game of east vs west.

1 hour ago, Icebucket said:

Some of the parents here are pretty damn funny.

The defense by the Montour parents was that noone cares enough to cheat in HS hockey. Then they were outraged when they didn't get to compete for something "they didn't care about".

Armstrong parent runs their mouth about how great winning the pens cup will be. Then backtracks after losing saying that noone cares about pens cup and all that matters is states.

Partially correct icechumpket-

Nobody would cheat by billeting kids, who are obviously billeting for aaa hockey, just so they can play HS hockey.  But why would they not be upset about a group of kids not being able to compete for their school?  It’s about the kids.  Kids play sports to compete.  That’s why parents were upset- kids were robbed of their right to compete.  Talk about not letting it go…