Top 5 PIHL Rankings

4 hours ago, Rewster said:

You’re mostly right. There was the 2020-2021 season that Canon Mac won the regular season AAA. But, that must have been their culmination; as it’s been the opposite (record-wise) since then.

From what I have heard, their board runs the team, vs coaches.... which may be their challenge.  

7 hours ago, ice is cold said:

From what I have heard, their board runs the team, vs coaches.... which may be their challenge.  

They just hired a new coach this year. Safe to assume they just placed someone there who will let the board run things? Sure doesn't seem to be working 😂

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 2:21 PM, AAAAleaguestarter said:

I know it was early in the season or pre season but I believe shaler beat avonworth 9-1. They seem to haven fallen off for sure haven't beaten a top team in in a while looking at the pihl website 

And I believe somebody said Avonworth tied NC in the preseason.  In other words, who cares about preseason.  Teams are playing JV kids to see if they can cut it in regular season.  

• 2 weeks later...
    PA HOCKEY        
    2023-2024  "AAA AA & A" DIVISION        
    FINAL - WEEK 18        
CLASS DIVISION TEAM W L T PTS

AAA 1 SENECA VALLEY 15 3 0 30
AAA 2 PETERS TWP 13 4 2 28
AAA 3 PINE RICHLAND 13 4 1 27
AAA 4 UPPER ST CLAIR 10 5 3 23
AAA 5 NORTH ALLEGHENY 11 4 2 24

AA 1 SOUTH FAYETTE 15 1 2 32
AA 2 THOMAS JEFFERSON 17 2 0 34
AA 3 LATROBE 13 5 0 26
AA 4 FRANKLIN REGIONAL 10 6 2 22
AA 5 NORWIN 9 7 2 20

A 1 MARS 15 4 0 30
A 2 INDIANA 15 2 2 32
A 3 SHALER 15 3 2 32
A 4 QUAKER VALLEY 16 2 1 33
A 5 NORTH CATHOLIC 12 5 2 26
A 5 CHARTIERS VALLEY 18 0 0 36

B 1 CANEVIN  17 0 0 34
B 2 BURRELL 14 3 0 28
B 3 DEER LAKES 10 6 1 21
B 4 NESHANNOCK 13 3 1 27
B 5 CARRICK 11 4 2 24

• Like 2

Class A has been set.  QV,  Indiana, CV and Avonworth get the byes.  If these rankings hold true ..Gold should be a clean sweep.  With the WV teams out of the picture, Blue has some underwhelming teams in the playoffs based on records.  I guess it's a shame Meadville didn't make it because of these dumb division structures.  

Screenshot_20240223_174808_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zam said:

I heard your number 1 ranked Mars team fell to an underwhelming, unranked Moon team from a lesser division last night. Can anybody confirm?

But but but I thought the Blue division was Class A -2 because none of their teams were as good as the Gold division.

• Like 1

One is not a trend but man, if the Blue picks off even one more Gold team in the play in games, that'll be interesting.  

I think Blackhawk has the best chance.  If their goalie is hot, he's unbeatable.  NC is very good though, I think that will be a good game.  

Edited by Ihearthockey

12 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

One is not a trend but man, if the Blue picks off even one more Gold team in the play in games, that'll be interesting.  

I think Blackhawk has the best chance.  If their goalie is hot, he's unbeatable.  NC is very good though, I think that will be a good game.  

A goalie can steal a game anytime. And the BH goalie is really good. If they win it will prove all of us thinking that the blue was a lesser division wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

A goalie can steal a game anytime. And the BH goalie is really good. If they win it will prove all of us thinking that the blue was a lesser division wrong. 

I think the Moon goalie proved this last night

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PowerPlay said:

How many teams make it in AAA?

What is the tiebreaker when you're tied in points?

8 out of the 11 AAA teams are in the playoffs. The top 4 seeds host the corresponding bottom 5-8 seeds.

I believe that a points tie breaker is: highest win percentage of the teams tied (head-to-head); Total number of Wins …then, then least penalty minutes, 

Edited by Rewster
  • Fist Bump 1

23 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

yea odd TJ finished first in standings but has second place in playoffs ?

They had the same point total and split in the regular season. I think it went to the penalty minutes tie breaker!  But I could be wrong!

8 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

They had the same point total and split in the regular season. I think it went to the penalty minutes tie breaker!  But I could be wrong!

In almost any league, the first tiebreak after head to head is wins.  But based on SF getting the 1 seed, seems like PIHL uses something else.  

2 minutes ago, Icebucket said:

In almost any league, the first tiebreak after head to head is wins.  But based on SF getting the 1 seed, seems like PIHL uses something else.  

Nevermind this.  I just looked it up and SF and TJ did not split.  SF took 3 of 4 possible points.

4 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

yea odd TJ finished first in standings but has second place in playoffs ?

Yeah I don't know if it has changed but the order of standings on the site did not match because I don't think it takes into consideration tie breakers.  

54 minutes ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Went to a couple playoff games the other night. Two things I found strange, no admission fee, and no announcements during the game. No goals, assists, penalties announced. 

That's odd. Where? They like those admission fees.